Battery/Power Questions

I am wanting to install a second battery in my '04 Kia Sorento. I have a Optima RedTop and 2 Shriken BT-20 to power 1 Hifonics Colossus amp and 1 Hifonics 80.4. My dilemna is that I am not sure if this will be suffiecient enough to cover the draw that these amps will pull? I have a stock 120amp Alternator and stock main battery. Total power between amps is around 3500wrms at around 400amps. I intend to do the Big 3 with 1/0 gauge all around and 1/0 to lead to the back. Can this setup work out?(Advise ????)

The batteries should most likely suffice if your alternator is 120 amps. The stock main battery is going to die. Quick. Wet cell batteries can't handle the constant discharge that a stereo puts on them like a dry cell can. You will want to look into changing that as soon as possible. In fact, if the battery does go bad, you won't even know since your others will be in parallel until one day you need to disconnect them and the whole car dies.

With that being said, you most likely aren't going to see a true 3500wrms after reactive impedance rise on the amps so you should be fine minus the hood battery.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

Archived