Sundown Audio

AQ2200 protect issue?

NightmareImpala

Ok let me start off by stating that I know my aq2200 is not stable @ .5 ohm. I am running 2 btl 15's (d2) @ a .5 ohm load right now off very solid electrical. The amp has been operating great until recently. now when I turn the system up at normal volume it goes into protect within 20 - 30 sec. Of playing time. The AMP is cold to the touch when this happens and voltage is in the upper 14 volt range. I have checked and rechecked all wire connections and no problems found. I even pulled the subs and checked those connections inside the box as well and found no issues. At lower volumes is performs flawlessly but at full tilt is goes into protect where it wasnt before. could there be a problem internally with the amp? I am running out of ideas at the point. The gain is set below half way...no bass boost at all. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

Have you tried wiring it up at 1? Or rewiring it to something else besides half? Not an expert by any means, but it might be too much for the amp to handle? Just tryin to help:p

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

I run mine @ .5 with no issues in prob less electrical then you, hows your ground?

Also like said above maybe try wiring it up to a higher ohm load just to check

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

You should get another 2200 and wire everything @ 2 ohm, but I never had that problem when I had mine at. 5

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

had that problem with my T3k back in the day..... what happened was the ground internally rattled loose, and when I turned it up it would go into protect... Take off the case and check. Mine would work flawlessly on low volumes also

Might be your problem

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Update.... So before I left work I tuned my gain down some just to see if it made a difference and it sure didnt but what I discovered was when I turned my pioneer head unit up to 32 out of 40 max it went to protect but it stayed on at volume of 30 and was damn loud too. I tested it with the gain all the way down and still the same result. So In my theory and testing I didnt go past 28-30 volume on headunit and it played like a champ. I adjusted my gain back and adjusted my eq and it played strong the whole ride home so i as im just going to keep it set the way it is for now until I get a 2nd aq2200d. Thanks for all the input guys!

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

Archived