alpine video bypass

i just got a new hu alpine ixa-407 and i cant get the bypass working. i previously had a alpine iva-w205 and bypassed it. so i figured it would work the same. heres the problem im having when i press the brake move the switch it wont do anything until i turn the truck off, not all the way off just engine off. or if i turn it all the way then just turn it back, then the movie/setup will show up as it should, iv seen people using the pac somthing bypass module but i didnt have to with my old unit would i need it for the new one? i have the yellow/black to foot brake and yellow/blue to the switch/ground

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca

Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca

SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire

Build Log

Pac makes the TR-7 which will bypass the feature. Alpines require a brake on - set parking brake - brake off sequence

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yea i think im going to have to get it, i got it to work with my old 205 but for some reason it wont work correctly with the 407, i can get it to work to set the clock and some settings but its weird that its almost like the ignition is acting like another switch, but if i cant get it this weekend im going to order the pac tr-7 seams easier then flipping switches and pushing the brake

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

Build Log

so i got it installed everything works great on the unit except the bypass but im not really going to watch movies anytime soon so its no big deal i can wait for the pac tr-7 to arrive.

im not to sure i like the unit in comparison to the 205. i do like the no cds cuz who uses cds anymore lol when installing some of my uncles stereos with like 5 of my cousins none of them had any cds to test their stereos out only iphones and ipods lol. yes it charges the newer version ipods unlike the 205 and the 407 actually knows what an ipad is(when i plugged in an ipad the iva-w205 didnt know what it was).

but this may be just somthing dumb but the volume isnt 0-32 or whatever its just a bar that fills up, dont know if i like that over volume at 22 cuz i ride 22s :drinks: a couple other stuff but i guess ill get used to it til i decide to get a new hu

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

Build Log