Second Skin Audio

Can someone design me a box?

Looking for subs up port back design

43x20-22x21-22 (max dimensions try to use minimum first numbers first ^_^)

Looking for lower tuning between 32-35 (looking for closer to 32-33) & between 14-15 inches of port

Going to be running a DC 1.2K @ 1 Ohm for about 1600RMS

Subwoofers upwards port back

It's going in a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Nothing too fancy no need for 45's or anything simpler the better... I'll do all my own creative techniques just need a design that will fit :-/

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

oops DC Level 3 15's off a DC 1.2K running 1.6K and I don't know if you can get more port than by all means :-p

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

43 = Width, the fluctuating numbers are what i want and my maximum. So if its 20-23 or something I'm looking for 20 but I can do 23. and no no angles just a rectangle box should been more specific sorry at work >.<

43w x 20-21h x 20-22d

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Heres what I whipped up.

43Lx22Wx21H with the sub up and the port running along the back driver side. I tried for a center box port like most try, but I couldnt really make it work. So :shrug: . Port is:

19.5Hx5.5Wx25L with 3 common port walls coming out to 108 inches of port, tuned to 33.55 hz. If you could at all make the box taller though, id shoot more towards another half cube per, as this is sitting at about 7.07 net. So if you can make it taller/deeper with it being atleast 8" or so from your back gate, that would give you a bit bigger box, which id go for about 4 per. If I get bored later ill shoot you a sketchup. Tried plugging this in WINISD but it didnt want to take the lvl 3 specs, so :nea:, best I can do without slightly bigger dimensions if you can spare them.

you could probably go 23 on the depth and another inch on the hight thats the max i'd go though remember these are 600rms im running 800 so i dont want it too big... Also make sure the port isnt so long that the subs wont fit on the top of the box thats the problem i was running into.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

At 25 inches the port will stick out 10 inches into the box after the 90 degree turn with a 5.5" width. You have about, being slightly conservative, 11 inches of play there with the sub not hitting the port. That being said, you could mount them more towards the back hatch and they wouldnt ever get near the port. Im not sure if you would have unloading issues with the port like that though, as I have never made a sub up port back box, so if someone else could chime in, that would be loevely.

As for going too big, 3.5 I believe is the 'suggested' size. My lvl 5 has a suggested size of 1.5 CF, its in 2.6 right now and wrecking shit. Your power handling will be plenty fine with a slightly bigger box as long as the power you send these are clean.