Sonic Electronix

Looking for a budget amp (600w @ 6 ohms)

Greetings fellow Bassheads =D

I own a 94' Chrysler LHS. Recently I installed new $85 BestBuy 5 1/4" Kenwoods (KFC-1393P5) coaxials in the front doors. Then some unknown model Pyle 5x7" coaxials int he back. I got from a brother in law free of charge so ... (I had to make a 6x9 wood adapter for em to fit). Anyways, in car audio is sounding fairly well. Going from stock cardboard lol.

Since I up'd the mid and high, I had to increase to low :D. So I got on craigslist and found some Eminence Labs Gen II's 12" for $100 for the pair (800w @ 6 ohms (Single Voice Coil). He said they're almost new and were collecting dust. Had original boxes and the subs were in really nice condition. So I thought it was a good deal, even though I had to drive an hour through the ghetto to get'em lol.

Eminence-Lab12-Generation-II-12-Subwoofer-0.jpg

Right now I have them hooked up externally. (Facing into box) I didn't want to bother with the connectors etc. Besides these subs are sexy backwards as they have that spider look to them.

The box fits 2 12"s, sealed and has separate chambers for each sub. The box shape, think of a box frome the side and the subs are leaning towards the back seat a bit. Maybe 25 degrees or so.

Right now I have them ran individually to the 2 channels (Not bridged) of the JL TMA (forget model maybe 250.1). I know its about 300w x 2 @ 2 ohms. Sounds weak, but surprisingly its pushing those subs fairly well. Dat low! But as I start to crank up the volume I can hear the amp not keeping up. Dat low ain't so low bro.

28753030036_large.jpg

So I'm on looking for a decent budget 2 channel amp. Something that can do 600w rms x2 @ 6 ohms. I would like to keep that ohm rating. I like bass, but I like it where it compliments the song. Not just ~" BRRRRR! BRRRRR! and im BRRRRR! money BRRRR!" ~ lol. I would like to spend about $150, pushin $200. Wondering if you all had any suggestions on amp brand, model, and source wise.

Many thanks,

Dave

Edited by deviantdigi

Um 600 at 6 ohms you would need like a 2k amp lol. Why not run at a lower ohm load.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Um 600 at 6 ohms you would need like a 2k amp lol. Why not run at a lower ohm load.

To my understanding it would produce a deeper bass. More quality. Given your suggestion, I may need to drop ohm load to meet my price range.

Just figured I'd ask and analyze my options before purchasing.

Dave

Edited by deviantdigi

4 ohms is the highest I've ever seen a sub stage ran on and 2 ohms would be fine to. Its when you go down to .175 or something like that. Then that could happen.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

4 ohms is the highest I've ever seen a sub stage ran on and 2 ohms would be fine to. Its when you go down to .175 or something like that. Then that could happen.

These subs are 6 ohm and single voice coil. The lowest I can go is about 3 ohms by running them parallel.

So ... What is a budget amp you would suggest for 600w @ 4 ohms?

Find a used alpine pdx 600 or jl 500. Or a crescendo 2200 or aq 2200.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882682194 im running one of these and it works great. going on the average 75% efficency an 800 watt amp runs around 600 watts so youll be fine. the only downside to this amp is there is no remote gain control

Well good luck finding something cheaper then crescendo that just barely do over 600 at 4 ohms.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png