Sonic Electronix

Looking for a budget amp (600w @ 6 ohms)

Right now you're actually wired at 3 ohms, not 6. The subs wire for a final impedance load of 3 ohms. Get an amp that puts out good power at 4 ohms and you'll be in good shape.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882682194 im running one of these and it works great. going on the average 75% efficency an 800 watt amp runs around 600 watts so youll be fine. the only downside to this amp is there is no remote gain control

3 ohms? They do state 6 ohm on the magnets. But I could see this as my current amp would can push them fairly well.

This is how they are currently wired.

2vkcjyd.png

And thanks for the amp referral. Should give me that extra power I need and is very cost effective. Probably end up running two =D.

Both of your advice is much appreciated.

Dave

It cost money to sound good lol. Like I said look for used. That's your best bet.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

you're gonna need to do a deep research to find something that can support that much power @ 6 ohms unless you got the money pit for a 2000 watt or bigger amp to load little power at 6 ohms, if you buy a 2 channel lets say 1000 watt amp, that amp might only put out 400 or 500 at 2 ohm but the power decreases as the ohm load rises, since 6 ohms is like running 3 subs of 2 ohm single voice coils in series, you're losing power out of your amp. But good luck with the search. These guys are trying to help you out...

you're gonna need to do a deep research to find something that can support that much power @ 6 ohms unless you got the money pit for a 2000 watt or bigger amp to..

CleanSierra posted they're most likely running at 3 ohm. Even though stated as 6 ohm, I'm not tech but I believe 'em. Given my budget I'm looking to put about 400w into each sub. That should get the job done. Thanks Speed.

What you SHOULD do is run them on the SAME channel of a good amp that puts out decent power at 4 ohms. You would half the load the amplifier "sees" running 6 ohms to each sub, but squeezing more out of the amp running it at roughly 3 ohms. Does that make sense?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.