Second Skin Audio

Need help with SA-8 box

Ok so i started building my box for under the backseat of an extended cab chevy. Its a slight wedge due to the seat small decline. So my measurements(external) are 8" at the shallowest to 9" at the deepest. 19 1/2" wide and 12 1/2" from bottom to to top. Im gonna try 3" pvc port, how long of a port am i gonna need for close to 33hz tunning? Im gonna run a kicker zx1000.1 @ 2ohm obviously turned wayyy down.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Ok so i started building my box for under the backseat of an extended cab chevy. Its a slight wedge due to the seat small decline. So my measurements(external) are 8" at the shallowest to 9" at the deepest. 19 1/2" wide and 12 1/2" from bottom to to top. Im gonna try 3" pvc port, how long of a port am i gonna need for close to 33hz tunning? Im gonna run a kicker zx1000.1 @ 2ohm obviously turned wayyy down.

If the measurements are external, what thickness of wood are you using? (more than likely 3/4, but just clarifying...)

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

with the info you provided, I came out with 37.5" long on a single 3" port. That was using Torres, I can rerun it in BassBox if you want me to but it might be a while, seeing as I have a bunch of stuff to do today.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

no it doesnt work that way, you raise the tuning by adding more port area, so the ports would actually get longer............ I can play with the box a little

how many SA-8's are you gonna run?

Best of Luck and Cheers!

wait scratch that length I told you before I was putting in the wrong numbers in Torres, sry long day.... actual port length is 23.5. I was using internal dimensions on the depth and external for width and height.

So, 23.5" on a 3" port is 33 Hz

Best of Luck and Cheers!

Damn, even 23.5" is a lil long. Its only 1 sa-8, this is being done for a friend. I can always have a couple inches sticking outside the box. I was tryin to avoid that but im more worried about proper tuning than apperance since it wont be easily seen anyhow.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived