So tonight I took my iPad USB adapter, and tried to hook it up straight to where I would normally have my flash drive plugged in....

But my deck, a Kenwood Exelon KDC X792, { http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11763_Kenwood-eXcelon-KDC-X792.html } just showed a message saying iPod error.... Uh, well yea... For one thing, that's not an iPod... It's an iPad !

So, I'm thinking, that this deck probably came out 6 months before the iPad did !

Still, there must be some kind of patch, or app or something, that will convert a signal, that my deck can understand, huh ?

I'd just like to be able to play a few of my videos, with my trucks sound system....

Anybody know how to do this ?

Much thanks,

Fish

No need to take anything apart.

Just plug in the apple usb to 30pin right into the deck.

Btw. Alot of decks will not read music off an ipad.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thank you Ray..... But plug into a 30pin ? You mean, on the back of my deck ? I'd definately have to take something apart for that.... Like, my dash. Or am I just confused ?

Fish

No need to take anything apart.

Btw. Alot of decks will not read music off an ipad.