Second Skin Audio

Tuning frequency for 2 KickerComp15's

KickerKid58

i have 2 kicker comps in a box that was originally built to kicker specs for a ported box with the most volume (4 cuft net w/ 46.5sqin of port PER SUB) when i did the numbers that was tuned to about 37hz or so. when i went from my big ass lincoln to my civic i had to lop off about a foot off the box to fit it in so now its roughly 2cuft per sub with the same port etc. obviously i failed at life when i didnt change the ports up so now its tuned to the low 50's. doesnt sound horrible but obviously it should be much better

so im jw if i should try to tune to around 37hz again or maybe higher/lower? i know 34hz is a good freq but didnt know if i should take into account the fact that these subs are low on the totem pole when it comes to power and sq lol.

Thanks for any input!!

-Andrew

ALSO i usually listen to rap/hiphop/dubstep for the most part

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

that what i was afraid of.. :ehh: idk i might just rip out the ports and replace the one front piece so then they'll at least be seeing just shy of 3cuft each

Im trying to avoid building a new box for these if possible. i know that limits my options but i HOPING to get my hands on pair of some LVL4 12's in the near future

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Archived