Second Skin Audio

building a box need help

Max dimensions please :)

Also, what will be powering them and what are your goals?

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Heres what I threw together for you.

16Hx25Wx20D. Port: 14.5Hx2.75Wx26L with 3 common walls.

Gives you:

2.66 CF net, lil over 1.3CF per.

40 in port, 15 per.

Tuned at about 35 htz.

Cut sheet:

Top/Bottom: 25"x20"

Sides: 14.5"x18.5"

Front/Back: 25"x14.5"

Only thing id do different is maybe make it just a tad bigger with maybe a little more port. I dont know how the AQs like their port. :pardon:

it will be facing the front and i listen to all music mostly hip hop and rap tho and is there only one port and is the dimesions of the port side 14.5x2.75x26 and what material should i use and is this 3/4 inch material

1 port? yes. and use 3/4" MDF. usually runs for about $30 a sheet.

3/4" MDF or Birch, your choice. Birch is more expensive but lighter and I believe slightly stronger, though it wont matter for those 10s.

If you're facing them forward, seal them off. If you dont then face them towards the trunk. It will sound louder and better in most cases towards the trunk unless sealed firing forward.

That tuning is fine then. The port is a slot port, only one, on the driver side of the box.

3/4" MDF or Birch, your choice. Birch is more expensive but lighter and I believe slightly stronger, though it wont matter for those 10s.

If you're facing them forward, seal them off. If you dont then face them towards the trunk. It will sound louder and better in most cases towards the trunk unless sealed firing forward.

That tuning is fine then. The port is a slot port, only one, on the driver side of the box.

i dont know if you saw but he has a hatchback. so i think port back sub up would be ideal, dont you think? but every car is different so that could be totally wrong. acoustics are a bitch.