DC Sound Lab

First dc sub debate

goin on to my 2nd set up thirds if you count my little 12s sony explode :(. I was goin to go with more kicker l7s ( first real sub set up, I know some of you dont like them I did) but everyone loves dc and im wanting to see what I have been missing out on plus l7s get loud but I dont have the space I need for 2 of those wich is what im aiming for (2k watts). Now hear comes the tricky part. My box building skills suck. I built my l7 boxes and yes the sound good (all luck, at the time I didnt even know what tuning ment)but look realy bad. So dont bash me but im buying a box, its for my avalanche and its a midgate latch box. air space is limited. So instead of 2 level 4 or what not im lookin at 1 level5 15 maybe a 12. Box dimensions are 30 wide 16.5 long and 15 deep wich is a little over 4cuft. Yes? No? I am consered about the weight of the level5 he said he ships the box and baffle in 2 pieces so that way I can add an other layer and he uses 3/4 mdf.