High - Caliber (DC AUDIO BUILD)

Hiding the amp under here. going to be able to take the box out and not have to worry about the amp getting damaged or bothered when I go get groceries. this is my only car so I need it to have bass and functional. Really all I'm waiting on is my level 5 recone. Ordered it Monday so it should be here soon. but it also gives me time to make sure the box is complete and all of my wiring is done.

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_8103.jpg

Box

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

This looks cool but not happening

IMG_0817.jpg

Box is 1.77 net, 25" of port tuned to 33 hertz.

Not looking to street beat but make some vibrations. Although I will run it in the lanes I'm not looking for killer DB'z this time, but I am looking to stay in the lower to mid 140's.

Still have to Glass the inside and do some glass on the outside. Then test for a couple days before I wrap the box.

also running the amp wire in this car has been a p.i.t.a. pain in the AZZ. cant find a location to run the power wire thru the fire wall. so I joined a Caliber forum and they have got it taken care of. Just have to get it done. Kids started school so I've been busy with that and by the time they go to bed it dark. So Saturday after noon I'll get it wired up.

let me know what ya'll think of it so far and I'll keep posting pics as I get them.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Going to finish up the amp rack/false floor tonight and then start the wiring late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Then I'll finish up the box. Still need to get the material to cover the amp rack/false floor. And make the openings for the speaker connections. Going to be able to take the box out with out having to worry about the connections touching or having to disconnect the main power. Guess you could say I'm making a speaker distribution block that will be hidden.

Also I'm having a piece of metal cut out for the back of the box with my member name on it. Going to paint it and the dust cap the same color as the car.

Wrapping the false floor in black carpet and the box in leather. The leather is tan so i will be dying it black.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Got some more done. waiting on my recone for my sub. and need to cover the box and false floor. Will post up some more pics later today.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Going to try and cover the box and false floor this week. And I am just waiting on my DC Audio level 5 recone.

As for the sub in the box now it lasted all of about 20 minutes. it sounded good while it lasted

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_5694.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_7919.jpg

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Since the car has manual locks and windows I'm going to install a aftermarket door lock system and a viper 5901 alarm with remote start. Normally the alarm install would be easy but since it will gave aftermarket door locks it's going to be a little harder. The main alarm install will be easy.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Oh yeah till I get my recone in which shipped out on Monday I have one of five of ed's t3 subs in it now. And that thing slams. Thanks scrubbalo for the loaner sub.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

interesting install. cant wait to see the level 5 in and this all finished up. keep at it man :drinks:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Archived