Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Hella-Beat 12"s Help..

Sorry for confusing you with the other guy. He was setting himself up for a nice house fire wiring a sub wrong to a home receiver. Back to YOUR topic, I'd just let the sub in the bandpass box STAY lonely and unpowered until you can do something proper with it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Could be that those old subs are free air subs, and thats the reason that they sound shitty in a box

Really? never heard of them.. :ehh:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

Could be that those old subs are free air subs, and thats the reason that they sound shitty in a box

Sure, 20 years ago you had to choose between subs for free air or for enclosures, long time ago, noone have today a freeairsub.

My first sub was a JBL T 150 free air.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Sure, 20 years ago you had to choose between subs for free air or for enclosures, long time ago, noone have today a freeairsub.

My first sub was a JBL T 150 free air.

Thats interesting... :popcorn:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

How can i tell if its a free air?

BC 264 stage 2 cams

oh i see i dont think these are for boats and if you saw at the top i cant find any specs anyware.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by kwag415

BC 264 stage 2 cams

I did see that at the top, but you can't TELL by looking at it, what it was built for. Why are you interested in running such an old sub anyway? It likely isn't going to sound great. And it's also likely it wasn't built to handle very much power. Is there any indication of the impedance that its supposed to be run at?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.