Sundown Audio

fi btl n2 "12

ngriggs

If I got two amps that both put out 1000 wrms and hooked one up to each voice coil would that work?

Don't even think about doing this unless you know what your doing with tuning amps. If one is pushing more power than the other then one of the voice coils is going to be working harder than the other one which will cause them to die a lot sooner than they should. Get an amp that pushes out 2000-2500 wrms at 2 ohms. (unless you have the electrical to back up .5 which i doubt you do)

What for amps, brand?´Maby you can strap the amps.

If one is pushing more power than the other then one of the voice coils is going to be working harder than the other one which will cause them to die a lot sooner than they should.

The coils aren't actually separate, it's all one. Dual coils just disperse the power quicker over the area. You can run just one side of the coil and leave the other side untouched and you won't have a problem. It won't be as loud, but you won't run into problems.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I was thinking two spl fx 2000.

My link, those amps?

Plz forum if it this amp, for my reading these amps are strabable, but im from Germany and maby my english is to bad and i misunderstood something.

If you can strap the amps you would be fine.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley