wait wait am i reading this right you took off the cat and put on a glasspack in its place?? if thats so then that is your problem. your truck is an 01 which means that its obdII. which means that there should be a pre cat and an after cat o2 sensor. since you took off the cat the after cat isnt seeing the right info which is making your truck run wayyyy rich which is making it bog down and backfire because the engine is getting way too much fuel. put a cat back on your truck and that should fix the problem.

I have a 2001-s10 truck and i cut out the cats and put pipe there and just put the o2-sensor back in the pipe and i have no code and it runs better than ever, when my truck was runing like that ended up puting fuelpump in it and changeing the pluges thay where fouled out, any way you do not have to have a cat on the truck 4it 2run right,

so the fuel pump and plugs was your problem?

My fuel tank had a screen that was clogged and once it warmed up it would get sucked into the pump. Then I had the performance problems like mis firing and bog down

how do you get to that screen?

its in the tank,also check the egr valve might be stuck open a little

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag

street c

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

//www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

My fuel tank had a screen that was clogged and once it warmed up it would get sucked into the pump. Then I had the performance problems like mis firing and bog down

how do you get to that screen?

its in the tank,also check the egr valve might be stuck open a little

alright man i appreciate the help

Archived