Hey guys my truck has been acting up for some time now and i cant figure out the problem. I've done a full tune-up, replaced fuel regulator, and new fuel filter. It mainly happens when engine get hot. Not overheating just after it gets to operating temperature. I drive to work which is about 10 miles from my home and it does fine heading to work but on the way home is when i get problems. Truck just doesn't have power and tends to bog down when givin too much throttle and also backfires. I have also had times where i give it throttle and the rpm's go up but the truck wont go anywhere. I'm leaning towards the MAF sensor unplugging it makes no difference but I'm just not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of what is going on after i got home from work.

Check for a clogged catalytic converter. Gotta do a vacuum test for it, so I'd recommend taking it to a shop. Have them do a smoke test to check for a vacuum leak in the lines, and also have them check how much vacuum the engine is making. My buddy had this problem on his 4.3 Blazer, took off the cat and got an aftermarket one and it ran fine.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Check for a clogged catalytic converter. Gotta do a vacuum test for it, so I'd recommend taking it to a shop. Have them do a smoke test to check for a vacuum leak in the lines, and also have them check how much vacuum the engine is making. My buddy had this problem on his 4.3 Blazer, took off the cat and got an aftermarket one and it ran fine.

yeah i thought the cat was clogged so my muffler guy suggested i put a glasspack on it.

cat was the first thing I was going to suggest, but i have a limited understanding of engines and such.

I'm confused though, what does a clogged cat have to do with putting on a glasspack?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

yeah i thought the cat was clogged so my muffler guy suggested i put a glasspack on it.

A glasspack muffler will do nothing for a stopped up converter

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

If you want to change the tone of your exhaust and Tennessee doesn't care about emissions testings, then cut off the cat and weld the glasspack in it's place and that should take care of it hopefully. I'd still recommend getting the tests done instead of throwing money at it and it doesn't fix a thing. I think my buddy went through $700 replacing all the sensors and not running any tests. I tested for vacuum, changed the cat and it was fixed! And he was pissed lol. Should be an easy and cheap fix man.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

If you want to change the tone of your exhaust and Tennessee doesn't care about emissions testings, then cut off the cat and weld the glasspack in it's place and that should take care of it hopefully. I'd still recommend getting the tests done instead of throwing money at it and it doesn't fix a thing. I think my buddy went through $700 replacing all the sensors and not running any tests. I tested for vacuum, changed the cat and it was fixed! And he was pissed lol. Should be an easy and cheap fix man.

yeah man im getting tired of spending money and nothing working lol. but like i said i replaced the cat with a glasspack so i guess now i need to do a vacuum test?

Archived