Sonic Electronix

by and i did not mean in the same enclosure just meaning those types of speakers in that type of enclosure. im looking into rebuilding my home stereo purely for sq so i was thinking about going with eevrything in a t-line. not everything in one tl but everything with in its own.

so a t-line wouldnt be so good with a speaker designed to do just mid range or high fq. right? but as far as using a full range it would help with bass output if i read that right?

im planning to run 4 amps and 4 31 band eqs. 1 for sub 1 for woofer then mid and highs. that way i can fine tune everything and get the best sound possible.so if a t-line would be a rather good enclosure for my subs,woofers. what would be an ideal enclosure for my mids and highs. for my mids i plan to use a fullrange of sorts but have it eq,ed to just do mid frequencys

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

by and i did not mean in the same enclosure just meaning those types of speakers in that type of enclosure. im looking into rebuilding my home stereo purely for sq so i was thinking about going with eevrything in a t-line. not everything in one tl but everything with in its own.

so a t-line wouldnt be so good with a speaker designed to do just mid range or high fq. right? but as far as using a full range it would help with bass output if i read that right?

im planning to run 4 amps and 4 31 band eqs. 1 for sub 1 for woofer then mid and highs. that way i can fine tune everything and get the best sound possible.so if a t-line would be a rather good enclosure for my subs,woofers. what would be an ideal enclosure for my mids and highs. for my mids i plan to use a fullrange of sorts but have it eq,ed to just do mid frequencys

I'm thinking just for the subs. I don't think for the engineering effort you'd get much running TL for the woofers. I'd consider using electronic crossovers with multiple amplifiers, or just one amp and get a passive xover network. Mids and tweeters dont' really need an enclosure.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Why run 4 EQs? That makes no sense. You should only have to run one EQ and the send the signal from it to a 4 way active crossover, then on to your amps.

Some EQs have multiple outputs already too, so you may not even need the crossover if your amps have variable filters built in.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

an electronic xover would be alot easyer. thanks / my amps dont have built in filter there all full range stereo amps

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

for simplicity sake, I'd say look for a passive crossover network. Passive xover hooks up after the amp and splits the frequency ranges to your speakers. Conversely, an active crossover splits the signal bands before it gets to your amplifiers, and you need one amplifier for each speaker.

EDIT: but if you already got the amps, then use 'em!

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

yes sir i already have 3 power amps and one reciever. thats are not being used atm and i feel like i would get the best sound with going active. im kinda going threw the same delema atm with my car. ive never used an active crossover though so im not sure what they look like and when i try yo see one online i can never find pics of the back of it. i mean ya i can read the specs but i need to be able to see the back to fully understand things. if that makes sence.