Second Skin Audio

Alpha Damp Samples... last chance!

Thanks to Steve posting this on his twitter or else I would be missing out, I should be getting mine this week. It's one 1:45am and I'm stoked about a sample haha your the man Jon

lol, thanks!

And thank you Steve for posting it on Twitter!

Another 40 samples going out tomorrow (since today is a holiday). I need to get a bit more Alpha Damp to fulfill the last few requests that trickled in, so I do apologize for the delay.

Oh and if any of the sample packs have unicorns, rainbows, smiley faces, or any other "cute" stuff on them, I had a teenage girl helping me for a few hours... :D

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Thank you for the samples! From what I'm seeing the alpha can be used mostly on flat surfaces as it would be hard to roll onto curved areas, and thats where the damp pro comes in.

Now the sample of the foam square, does it have a removeable film to expose glue for it to stick? I know its a sample but I still want to take care of it lol. This foam looks very promising thanks again Jon.

Reason for edit: curse big fimgers on a small touch screen keyboard :/

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Yes, Alpha Damp was designed to be used on the flat portions of the sheetmetal.

The little square is Luxury Liner Pro and it requires a separate adhesive. When applying it to a floor you can just lay it down and it typically wont move because of it's own weight will keep it in place.

You can also use Velcro (industrial strength) to hold it in place instead of adhesive. This gives you a bit of flexibility and allows you to remove it if you need to at some point.

usa_render4.png

I'm thinkin alpha on the roof and floor maybe doors and pro every where else I'm not sure if I would see any gains out of the lux liner

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

Yup a combination of the products looks to be the best route. I'm sure something has to be gained like keeping bass in the car rather than being absorbed and lost in flex. But to kill the parts of annoying plastic rattle that's where there other products come to play.

Now everything I say is noobish but that's what I think, Will there be a noticeable difference? might be a little might be a lot, every car is different. For the guy's that are on the meter chasing numbers again I assume that the less they lose to flex the better there score can be. Is there a noticeable difference to the ear? Probably not but to the meter there can be a difference.

Just my 2 cents regardless my little tin can of a car needs deadner left and right lol, I helped a friend put some DP in his car a few month's ago and it is very good to work with, The Alpha looks like an example in my car I would throw 4-6 sheets spaced out on the roof and 1 1/2 on each inner door, DP on mostly everywhere else.

I started my car audio kinda ass backwards but as its winding down I am starting to look at all the other important things like sound deadening When I'm done everything in car will be worth more than the car lol. If I said things wrong please people correct me.

:turkey:

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

For those chasing the meter and pushing crazy number, I doubt you would be able to tell a difference by ear. How many can tell the difference between 155 dBs and 157 dBs?

At normal listening levels, oh yeah you'll notice a difference.

Luxury Liner Pro really wont help with the numbers but it will help lower the overall noise level inside the vehicle thus creating a much more pleasurable listening environment. So everything will sound more clear and louder.

usa_render4.png