1000WRMS 2x12" system in a lancer....with some extras

alright it's the weekend where i live now and so i think that i will begin building the box to house half the gear tomorrow. so all goes well and the weather holds out, i'll have a proper update with photo's and the beginning of the system.

Can;t wait! :yahoo:

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

Alright so i didn't get anywhere near as much done as i would have liked to but i thought taking my dad out for fathers day was more important :drinks: .

But i did get a bit done before it got too dark.

Well here are the pictures of what i did get done;

Measuring up, checking each measure twice before cutting (can't afford to screw it up, time and money wise lol)

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Cut out the main base and the slot for where the battery will sit

017-1.jpg

Then i cut out the sort of funnel shape to the front part and then test fitted it in the boot.

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Then test fitting to check clearance of the battery to the back seat (there is just enough room thank gawd ^_^ )

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

So thats as far as i got today, not too bad considering i thought i would get about 4hours to do work on the box, but only ended up with about 1hour....oh well tomorrow i might do some more. but i've got an exam so i might not until wednesday (3days away)

That is all for now :)

Alright, update time.

am in the progress of building the box and drill just ran out of power so am having a lunch break while it charges.

This is how far i am currently:

This is my awesome work place, on the bbq in the backyard lol

024-1.jpg

026.jpg

Checking that everything lines up before putting it together finally

023-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

027.jpg

Screwing and gluing:

028.jpg

029.jpg

...and thats when drill ran out of power. :/

here are the pictures of all the gear that i never put up.

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

And thats a mornings work, not super fast progress but im getting everything as accurate as i can so it takes a while to get it done.

Liking how the box is looking so far :)

nice looking start so far! i will try to keep an eye on this to check out some Fusion equipment, I don't know anything about it!

what's your plan for the isolator?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Nice build man. I had a nice small fusion amp, I let a friend borrow it and he moved wtf!!! Im going to get it back in a few weeks. Hes gotta get some other stuff her forgot so Im gonna tell him give it back to me so I can laugh at him riding all the way up to jacksonville with no speakers rofl!!! I loved that small 4 channel fusion amp I had. It would be perfect for pushing the highs and mids in my next build.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

lookin pretty good so far :good:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

nice looking start so far! i will try to keep an eye on this to check out some Fusion equipment, I don't know anything about it!

what's your plan for the isolator?

Thanks mate, yeah not many people on here run fusion gear but i have found there older and new top of the line gear to be awesome so i'm a big fan of them.

You just made me realise thats what i forgot to buy today, an isolator. Plan is to use a simple battery isolator on the rear battery and just switch it so that the front battery doesn't get drained when im parked up for long periods of time.

Nice build man. I had a nice small fusion amp, I let a friend borrow it and he moved wtf!!! Im going to get it back in a few weeks. Hes gotta get some other stuff her forgot so Im gonna tell him give it back to me so I can laugh at him riding all the way up to jacksonville with no speakers rofl!!! I loved that small 4 channel fusion amp I had. It would be perfect for pushing the highs and mids in my next build.

cheers man. Yup, the little Fusion 4-channel is awesome for running the mids and highs, mine gets fairly hot but it works wonderfully, nice and clean sounding. its well vented so won't over heat which is algood :D. hope you get your amp back for your next build :)

lookin pretty good so far :good:

Have done some more work on the box today, but haven't had time to upload the pictures. will put an update tomorrow, but ports are in and the box is coming along nicely, minus a few miss calculation, but ill work around that lol

UPDATES:

Am moving on with the build now, has been a few days since last update, and i've run into a few mistakes i made in the design :/

Putting in the ports :)

SAM_0018.jpg

SAM_0019.jpg

SAM_0020.jpg

SAM_0021.jpg

SAM_0022.jpg

SAM_0023.jpg

SAM_0024.jpgSAM_0025.jpg

SAM_0028.jpg

SAM_0029.jpg

Unfortunately i didn't take into account that the sub depth and width of the magnet and now i have the problem of having to raise the sub up so that it clears the ports, annoying set back.

Filler going in:

SAM_0037.jpg

SAM_0039.jpg

SAM_0040.jpg

SAM_0042.jpg

SAM_0043.jpg

SAM_0044.jpg

Didnt have the camera on me for the next days work so the box is now at this stage:

SAM_0050.jpg

Then i had to modify the box and add in this little parts, which are now the weakest parts of the box, hope it doesn't effect it too much.

SAM_0051.jpg

Thats all on the box. But i have wired in my rear battery and the equilizer. have a picture of the battery but not the eq.

SAM_0052.jpg

Thats all. any cool ideas you might have on how i can raise the sub im open to, otherwise ill just add a few cool shaped layers on the top of the box

Archived