Second Skin Audio

need help with 2 aq hdc318 aluminum d1 wall

durranic

hey guys i have a setup with 1 aq hdc18 aluminum d1 running off of an 2200d custom made box tuned to 35hz but now i want to upgrade to 2 hdc318s i already got the other hdc3.. i just need some help on what specs should i build my box on.. i have a 2006 honda pilot and i dont want all my space in the trunk to be gone.. and i wil be getting 2 bc3500ds to power them i know its more then what the aqs take but smaller box should be fine.. but how much smaller is my question and should i tune to 35hz again?? the box i came up with goes right behind my second row seats box will be gross volume will be 14.9 squares and the port will be 3x58.5x20 with 1 common wall and .6 total displacement.. which leaves me at 11.6 net volume tuned to 35.45hz.. what do yall think gimme some input please.. and please dont be too harsh i have the electrical for it..

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

3 inches by 58.5 inches is quite a thin port. try making it more "square" to prevent port noise. granted you may have enough port area (i didnt check) but trying to force that mass amount of air through a little slit isnt going to be very beneficial. also, i hope you are adding bracing. i assume the .6cuft is for the woofers themselves, so you need to take into account all thread/2x4/dowel rod, which ever you please. correct me if im wrong.

3 inches by 58.5 inches is quite a thin port. try making it more "square" to prevent port noise. granted you may have enough port area (i didnt check) but trying to force that mass amount of air through a little slit isnt going to be very beneficial. also, i hope you are adding bracing. i assume the .6cuft is for the woofers themselves, so you need to take into account all thread/2x4/dowel rod, which ever you please. correct me if im wrong.

yeah i was going for the metal thread rods but for the leanth i need them they wont take up more then like .15 squares... so i should make the port a little less wider and a little more boxier while keeping the 1 common port wall? or will it be better if i go up down instead of side to side? cause now im thinking about 2 bucket seats in the second row with a custom center councel instead of the bench seats so i could probably do a port down the middle.. which one do u think would be better?

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

I dont like the high tuning(38hz) for my hdc3 12s i like around 32-33hz but thats my preference.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets