Sonic Electronix

Ah, so the Boss headunit in my signature finally quit on me. The left output speaker and rear speakers completely stopped working today on my way home.

Get what you pay for, $210. It lasted a good eh 8 months?

But I am in the market for something new.

I called up SonicElectronix and the guy there was great, he said rma it and we will give you a brand new one.

Well, I will ship it out to them in the morning, but when waiting for the new one to come in the mail. I don't want to go back to that crappy boss head unit.

Major things I didn't like about it... Flimsy, no iPod 30 pin support ( wouldn't even charge my iPhone, more less read music ), not a good touch screen sensitivity. List goes on. OH and forget the remote control, you have about a ft and a half of range on it.

So anyways, I assume I will have that new boss in about a week and I will throw it on craigslist and try to get a bit for it... Since it's brand new.

But, now im in the market for a new one. I would REALLY like to keep it under 300$

It MUST be flip out, I cant fit a double din in my car without huge mods, id prefer it to have 30pin ipod cable support that'd be nifty for my iPhone 4. Id like it to have 4v preouts so my amp wont have to work so hard ( oh yeah another dis on the boss, its preouts stated 2v, id be lucky if i got .7 out of them before the head unit clipped. Of course, with the head unit at 40/40 it would be 4v preouts. But head unit clips around 30. It also MUST have a 3.5mm aux input in the front.

Uhm, there might be a few features im missing, but thats really all I can think of that i NEED off the top of my head, i am not too worried about Navi because I eventually will sell the car, bluetooth might be nice, but really not necessary. Since it'll have the 30pin connector for my iPhone and 3.5mm for other devices.

Usb isn't really needed I dont do that.

What could you guys throw me for between 200-300? Am I being too cheap? I hope I can get something soon.

Thanks for any replies.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

pioneer avh 3300BT?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

pioneer avh 3300BT?

It MUST be flip out, I cant fit a double din in my car

:shrug:

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Check audiosavings, they had some inexpensive Kenwood double dins around 300. They might have some singles for that with iPod connectivity.

I will check em out, thanks. Is kenwood decent brand?

have you tried alpine? or do u want a screen that bad? lol i like to stick to non touch screen things lol since my luck with touchscreen phones is horrible i tend to stay with what i know now lol.

Havn't tried alpine. But yes Id REALLY like a flip out. Haha.

The 3300bt is a double din and your price is a little low for what your looking for unless you buy used.

I CAN NOT fit a double din head unit in my 1995 Civic EX... the only head unit type I can fit is single din flip outs. My original post must not be too specific..

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Check audiosavings, they had some inexpensive Kenwood double dins around 300. They might have some singles for that with iPod connectivity.

I will check em out, thanks. Is kenwood decent brand?

have you tried alpine? or do u want a screen that bad? lol i like to stick to non touch screen things lol since my luck with touchscreen phones is horrible i tend to stay with what i know now lol.

Havn't tried alpine. But yes Id REALLY like a flip out. Haha.

The 3300bt is a double din and your price is a little low for what your looking for unless you buy used.

I CAN NOT fit a double din head unit in my 1995 Civic EX... the only head unit type I can fit is single din flip outs. My original post must not be too specific..

I know i was replying to the first guy that commented on your post not making that a suggestion. Why else would i said you'd have to buy used to fit in your price range.

Edited by ingramcaraudio

alpines flip out are pretty highly priced, pioneers a little less...

instead if we ar etalking of quallity....kenwood is somehow the same quality as Pioneer or JVCs

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X