Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Pre fabs i would stay away from

why?

Because he said so....sheesh. But more importantly because they suck. You'll have a lot more pride in your build if you do the work yourself :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I personally don't like gorilla glue because it expands when it drys, which gets everywhere. I use a product called PL Premium. I used it when I was a contractor and was amazed by what it could hold together. I lay about a 1/4-1/2" bead and when you screw the boards together, it squashes out. You can take a peice of scrap to scrape all the excess off and it seals your joints perfectly. If you are going to screw your box together, I personally use 1 5/8 coarse thread screws and I pilot drill every hole with a 3/32 drill bit. It does tend to split slightly, but if you go slow it won't.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2162 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...