TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR2 Linear Power LP2150 amps are in!

Why track 7? just outta curiosity, alot of songs go past -15 db if you were to analyze it from audacity.

Though, nice choice on the new subs :D

Love your build too man, seems like your cool convertible sounds really good, and congrats on the nice big trophy as well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

are you saying that some songs could still be clipping or that i could turn gain up even more and be ok ?

You could be clipping depending on the song itself because when you look at a song from the graph of audicity, there's peak measured in -db's, if you play a song that goes past -15db, your amp is clipping

Here's what I mean, this is the graph for USDA - White Girl

304803_516598561690401_1445213514_n.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i gotcha ... well when i set the gains i didnt stop right before clipping i backed down a little more than just at threshold of clip so i should be ok ... i always pay attention to my subs and usually can tell when something is wrong ... i think i should be ok ... and if i do break shit ill say it was worth it and wont post on the forum asking why the hell did my shit break i used the dd1 ... wtf shit is broke yo !!

Well, just be careful then, don't want to see great subs go kaboom.

I set my amp with track 3 personally, since my songs do go past -10db but not -5db, so the sub is seeing less than 1% thd unless I play a song that touches -5db, which would usually be something boosted. Also notice greater and cleaner output when I stay within the db area are as well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

i would hate to see them go boom as well haha but everything should be ok. these guys do sound pretty awesome. :-) will try to get a video this weekend !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Great vid of the lights! Makes me want some wicked bad! All i would want would be blue or white though.

You going to Crusin the Coast this year? I would love to see this thing in person again, especially with the lights now.

Lots of work sir. Looks GREAT!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived