Help with LED playing to music

I have installed LED lights in the footwells of mine and a few of my friends' cars. We have all just used a simple on/off switch but I would like it to play to the bass. After reading the reviews on some vibration detectors, Ive scratched that idea out since my system is fairly loud. My amplifier is 1500 Watts so I can't hook them up to it. Te only idea I have come up with is buying a really cheap and weak amplifier from ebay or some place, run an RCA from my sub amp to the little amp, minimize the little amps output power, and run the LEDs to the speaker connections. Will this work? Is there a better way? Please help. Thanks.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab Build

(2) Rockford Fosgate T0D412s

3.7 cubic foot ported box

(1) Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

(1) Rockford Fosgate T152

Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA02

Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

Hifonics HFi1500D

Hifonics ZXi80.4

Custom Dash Bezel to hold Double DIN

Custom amp rack w/ cooling fans

Second Skin throughout entire truck

Optima red top battery

AudioTechnix wiring

yes but if u dont want to spend the extra $ to have something thats basicly a mic listening then sending signal telling lights to blink u can do it with an amp power is power jl took one of there amps sent a low hz threw it wired a saz all to it and cut another amp in half power is power it will work and itll work fine dont spend the extra money for something when u dont need to

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

yes but if u dont want to spend the extra $ to have something thats basicly a mic listening then sending signal telling lights to blink u can do it with an amp power is power jl took one of there amps sent a low hz threw it wired a saz all to it and cut another amp in half power is power it will work and itll work fine dont spend the extra money for something when u dont need to

What? You threw me off there. Is your period or comma button broken? Can you please say that again. I'm trying to understand what you just said. Not trying to be a Dick.

this is either spam or someone who doesnt want to take advise, its the second thread with the exact same 1st post, last thread was 2pgs long

excellent point out.

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/

this is either spam or someone who doesnt want to take advise, its the second thread with the exact same 1st post, last thread was 2pgs long

I actually posted this one first. Its not spam. At first, I wasnt getting any replies on this thread so i posted the same thing on a more commonly used topic.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab Build

(2) Rockford Fosgate T0D412s

3.7 cubic foot ported box

(1) Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

(1) Rockford Fosgate T152

Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA02

Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

Hifonics HFi1500D

Hifonics ZXi80.4

Custom Dash Bezel to hold Double DIN

Custom amp rack w/ cooling fans

Second Skin throughout entire truck