10 000 Watt Kicker Amp

That was my initial thought, but i hoped it wasn't so. Looks like in the pic you can have as many coils as you want so long as the subs are multiple coil, not necessarily just 2...where I was lost to begin with.

Originally I was thinking 5000 watts on 1 coil and 5000 watts on the other would be bad... even on a 10000 watt sub... what an idiot! If the sub handles 10000 watts, each coil can handle 5000! (the amp is simple, youre right, I was just being STUPID!)

Sorry guys hehehe...and thank you! Cuz it was driving me nuts!

Makes total sense

IB3 22"

OK here is what has been troubling me from the beginning.

If this amp has a push side and a pull side, and the sub needs to be divided in 1/2:

Your 10,000 watt sub has 2 coils. Each coil is 5,000 watts.

When you run the coils in series, the 10,000 watts goes through both coils, and both coils push the cone. Then pull. Then push. (5,000 a piece)

When you run parallel, 10,000 watts go through both coils, and both coils push the sub. Then pull. Then push. (5,000 a piece)

If you have a push side push 5,000 through 1 coil, and a pull side pull 5,000, you are only running 5,000 watts at any given time! 1 coil does all the work 1/2 the time, and the other coil does the opposite work the other 1/2... at 20Hz, your push coil pushes 20 times a second, and your pull coil pulls 20 times per second! You are wasting 1/2 of your sub's power!

it works in a USACi car, with two batteries, did the same number as 8 ZX2500's, with only 815 amps of current draw :)

8 2500.1's is rated to do 20,000 watts RMS right? (2500.1 RMS x 8) but 1 warhorse is rated 10,000 RMS and actually did the same numbers? (off 2 of 8 desired batteries??)

This is quit different then a regular monoblock amp, to get 2 ohm on this one, you need two dual 4's...

sounds more like it's 2 separate 2 ohm amps, a push and a pull. so as long as you have a 2 ohm load on each amp and an equal number of coils per sub connected to push and pull, doesn't matter if 1 sub or as many as you want, SVC or any multiple you want

Posted Image

this pic shows 2 dual's...but later looks like you can also do...

with the push/ pull config, 2 ohm at the amp...

2ohm at push amp, 2 ohm at pull amp

IB3 22"

so basically u got 5kw comin out of both sides which splits up the vc's putting a 2 ohm load on each side

so its set up like a one ohm load but its split which makes it 2 ohm

thats where the effieciency comes from aint it?

no, 5k@2ohm on 1 set of coil(s) and 5k@2ohm on the other set of coil(s)

basically has power applying upward, and a seperate power pulling down, unlike conventional amps always pushing. The

which means it's a 5,000 watt amp, not 10,000???

I have 4 tc sounds 5200's. They are QUAD 1 ohm subs...You said you would need two dual 4's to make a 2 ohm load, i still dont completely understand the push-pull concept, but would i be able to work something out with these subs... wire two subs up to 4 ohms and the other two up to 4 ohms and then wire those down on eahc side..two a 2 ohm load? i want to make sure i get this right before i go throwing money down on an amp...it is going to take me a while to afford this thing but hopefully ill have it in the next few months....Thanks for your help.

sounds good to me, EXCEPT that you can't have 2 subs on push side and 2 subs on pull side. otherwise 2 subs would go from rest position out, then back to rest, then the other 2 subs would suck in then go back to rest...which in a way would kind of work the same, but more on that later!

2 coils per sub being used for push, 2 coils per sub being used to pull, 2 ohm load per side

from what the R&D guys say to me, DUAL VC's only....

PLEASE ask again!

IB3 22"

you can run one DVC, as long as each side see's a 2 ohm load.

that sounds more like it! but that then means the quad coil senario would work as well!

needs to be dual voice coil, not quad...

NO! :P

Ya couln't you use a quad 1 ohm sub with this amp.

parrel 2 sets of coils together.

Then you would have 2 sets of 2 ohm leads comming from the subwoofer.

I don't understand why that wouldn't work

I think you sir are correct!

yes it needs 2 ohm PER side, adn it needs to be a dual VC, as one side is PUSH, one side is PULL

AH!

Posted Image

I am seeing 8 DVC subs, 8 coils per side, 16 total in this diagram!

IB3 22"

you have waaaaaaaaay more questions than I honestly have time to go in, want to talk to soemone about this amp, what is can, and will do, call our technical support line.

Yes, it is a 10,000 watta amp, yes, it is one amp. yes, the same number was posted with 8 2500's vs one WH, half voltage.

email Jerimy Brown at [email protected]

I could see where this could go into a three day post back and forth. :)

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Archived