Vent Mach / Aero Port Tuning

stefanhinote

I know there are tons of websites with calculators for port tuning, etc, but I haven't any that showed vent mach, or port tuning when using multiple aero ports.

So I decided to make one, http://portsgalore.stefanhinote.com

On Vent Mach page, simply plug in some T/S specs from the driver being used, plug in slot port dimensions (width, height), or diameter and number of aeroports.

The Minimum Port Area page uses the formula from the loudspeaker cookbook, which does work but it's designed for the whole audio spectrum, meaning since most of you are going to be using this for tuning a subwoofer enclosure and not a cabinet for midrange etc, that this formula will suggest way more port area then you likely need.

So that's why I rely on vent mach, a much better way to calculate how much port area you need before too much turbulence arises and causes port noise.

Also made a simple chart of how much port area you would have with xxx type and xxx amount of aero ports. Using diameter of the center of the port, not flaring.

If there is anything else that someone would like to be made / added, feel free to post.

sighl.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived