Second Skin Audio

2 solo x 18's and im lost

ok so im doing a new build in my 4 door 2001 cavalier. to start it off i will tell you what i have and the goals i have.. ive got the big 3 done 1 yellow top under the hood one in the back 2 aq2200's and 2 dual 2 ohm solo x 18s. this will not be for comps. just plain loud and low bass... my car has no rear deck no back seats no carpet from drivers seat back.. all metal and opened up.. where the back seat was i can go as wide as 46 inchs and as tall as 36. imbetween the A-pillers and to the rear of the trunk i can go as wide as 35 inches and as tall as 17 inches.. from trunk to my back i can go around 55 inchs.. i have a lot of room as you can see but ive never got it to sound the way i want... any one got suggestions on size and tunning for me.. or stuff like port back subs up which directions would be best....

p.s doing a wall isnt on the menu...

I think 2 18 solo x's in the car would definately need to be walled off to have enough airspace

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I think 2 18 solo x's in the car would definately need to be walled off to have enough airspace

Ive done a wall before in this car and couldnt get it to sound good at all. almost felt like it was free air rather then in a wall.. im not sure if i tuned it wrong or if i made it too big

Just wall those bitches man!!! You know you want to haha, with a sexy port on the roof facing forwards lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Maybe you had it tuned way wrong or there were leaks. But I think a wall should be your loudest option, if done right

Ive done a wall before in this car and couldnt get it to sound good at all. almost felt like it was free air rather then in a wall.. im not sure if i tuned it wrong or if i made it too big

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D