Second Skin Audio

confused about what to get

An hdc3 will like a 2200. I'm pretty sure its rated at 2000rms.(the hdc4) But a 3500 per hdc4 is more praticle. But hey its your setup do what you want/need it does'nt matter what anyone else says. Ya dig?

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Unless your sealing it off its pretty impracticle to take up all your trunk room which I'm assuming your sealing it off. And if your not sealing it off you will just have a loud trunk.

see thats the problem the only way id actualy be able to seal it off is to put 4 10s in it cause the way the trunk is shaped theres the main trunk area then theres a shelf thats 12in tall and 3.5 feet wide so sealing it off isnt an option

I'd go 4 10"s sealed off then imo

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

an hdc4 and a 2200? that thing will laugh at that power. measure your trunk out and we will see what you can fit REALISTICALLY in your trunk.

lets see there supposed to be rated at 2500 rms they have yet to actually post anything about the sub saying its rated at 2500rms or more so im pretty sure a aq2200 at 1ohm at 14volt would be plenty enough to feed that subs hunger please do some research before u jump on someone thread and opening ur mouth thank you

do some research? bro ive been on here for almost 5 years. and maybe YOU should look up videos of the hdc4 before you rage on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcSRsVwTjp0

try reading the description.

ive seen the video and ive read the description and ive also messaged that guy about his testing he said when he tested it it did 8k burb at 3 min and 10k at 30 seconds dont come at me with stuff ive already did research on im not gonna sit there and throw 5k on a sub and only have it be able to play for 15 20 min or even throw 3500 wats and have it only do good for an hour i do alot of driving back and forth from work most of the time 1.5-2 and sometimes 3+ hours away and i wanna be slamming the hole time

Unless your sealing it off its pretty impracticle to take up all your trunk room which I'm assuming your sealing it off. And if your not sealing it off you will just have a loud trunk.

see thats the problem the only way id actualy be able to seal it off is to put 4 10s in it cause the way the trunk is shaped theres the main trunk area then theres a shelf thats 12in tall and 3.5 feet wide so sealing it off isnt an option

I'd go 4 10"s sealed off then imo

if i sealed it off id have to take off the back part of the back seat just to do it cause it doesnt fold down and if i were to take any part of the seat out id end up taking the hole seat out and wanting to wall it off and throw major power on it but thats not posable cause theres only room for 2 alts in my engine bay thats y im in this major confusion about what to do with this car

Go with the 15"s then, it's what I'd do an on top of that they're HDC4's. :)

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

ohh believe me i wanna get them so bad just cause there new but i dont know a hole lot about them yet cause what ever i get is gonna be tunes to about 26 or 28 herts and idk how those subs would handle that

why tune that low with aq woofers? if the 4 is anything like the 2.5 and 3's, then it will more than likely need a mid-30's tuning.

ohh believe me i wanna get them so bad just cause there new but i dont know a hole lot about them yet cause what ever i get is gonna be tunes to about 26 or 28 herts and idk how those subs would handle that

why tune that low with aq woofers? if the 4 is anything like the 2.5 and 3's, then it will more than likely need a mid-30's tuning.

cause i have a buddy that just built a box tuned to 28 and man i just love the way low tuned boxes sound

edit* and i wasnt trying to sound like an asshole eirler i was just dealing with annoying people all day sorry about that btw

Edited by Hitman813