First Wall Build, Gonna Be Epic

This is hopefully going in a 2000 mercury cougar. Not a whole lot of room, but im willing to take up half my trunk for the wall if need be. Going to run (3) Fi BTL N2 15s on (3) SAZ-2500s hopefully. Gonna save up about 4 grand. I already have one woofer and one amp, etc.. which helps. Dont know how much volume I have in my cougar, but I really hope I have enough. I know i have enough for 2 15s walled, but that seemed not enough for me. So 3 popped in my head.. and this is what im going with. No clue on box specs or anything yet. Probably tuning around 29-32 Hz though.

Here is a design. Let me know what you guys think.

673d9b8a1e870c203655966.png

cougarlogobaby.png

2 18's Wall Build Under Construction

My YouTube

2000 Mercury Cougar Build Log

I think it looks like a whole lot of other walls. But we can't help you at all or tell you anything about the design until it's an actual design, with measurements and everything.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I think it looks like a whole lot of other walls. But we can't help you at all or tell you anything about the design until it's an actual design, with measurements and everything.

yeah everyone i asked said just do ported, and i wanted to try something different like 4th order or something other than this. but i dont mind this i guess, as long as i have enough room, im doing this. lol ive changed my mind so many times and its nice to find something i like and something everybody recommends..

cougarlogobaby.png

My YouTube

I like the idea of 3 subs in a wall.... whether it be 3 15"s, or 3 18"s :) For one thing its just a little bit less common than 2 or 4, and I like anything different. But for another, you can often end up with either a 1.33ohm, or a 1.66ohm load, which I think is great for an amp that is stable to 1ohm (depending on whether your subs are 2 or 4 ohm, single, or DVC)

Kind of a happy medium between the standard 2 or 1 ohm loads.

I certainly wouldn't pick out any subs until I knew exactly how many cubes I had to play with, and after that, I wouldn't choose any subs I couldn't treat in the optimum way (the right cubes).

Peace,

Fish

This is hopefully going in a 2000 mercury cougar. Not a whole lot of room, but im willing to take up half my trunk for the wall if need be. Going to run (3) Fi BTL N2 15s on (3) SAZ-2500s hopefully. Gonna save up about 4 grand. I already have one woofer and one amp, etc.. which helps. Dont know how much volume I have in my cougar, but I really hope I have enough. I know i have enough for 2 15s walled, but that seemed not enough for me. So 3 popped in my head.. and this is what im going with. No clue on box specs or anything yet. Probably tuning around 29-32 Hz though.

I like the idea of 3 subs in a wall.... whether it be 3 15"s, or 3 18"s :) For one thing its just a little bit less common than 2 or 4, and I like anything different. But for another, you can often end up with either a 1.33ohm, or a 1.66ohm load, which I think is great for an amp that is stable to 1ohm (depending on whether your subs are 2 or 4 ohm, single, or DVC)

Kind of a happy medium between the standard 2 or 1 ohm loads.

I certainly wouldn't pick out any subs until I knew exactly how many cubes I had to play with, and after that, I wouldn't choose any subs I couldn't treat in the optimum way (the right cubes).

Peace,

Fish

Thanks fish! yeah i think watching 3 subs going ham is a lot cooler than watching 2.. lol but yeah this is the plan for sure.. i will make the volume work somehow. whether it be i barely have any room for mounting my amps/batteries. I'm determined to make this work, which I think is good because I have something to look forward to and work for. I will build the shell in a couple months to see where im headed.

cougarlogobaby.png

My YouTube

any other thoughts on this guys?

Id do the math and see if there is enough room for 3 15's before buying. Get some pis of those seats coming out.

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX