Second Skin Audio

port noise

Take a router or some sandpaper to the port openings in order to give them a rounded opening. Be sure to do this on the inside as well.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Take a router or some sandpaper to the port openings in order to give them a rounded opening. Be sure to do this on the inside as well.

I have areo ports so that wouldnt do much good thank though....i think i just need bigger ports....im like 20dbs louder in my port then i am in my kick so i might see a gain going bigger port two :drinks:

I have areo ports so that wouldnt do much good thank though....i think i just need bigger ports....im like 20dbs louder in my port then i am in my kick so i might see a gain going bigger port two :drinks:

Could you give us some more details on your setup?

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Could you give us some more details on your setup?

What do you wanna know?im more then shure it just needs an bigger port....but ill humer you...

I have an 7.4 mdf box glued, screwed, fiberglassed, braced, 45s, rouned sub wholes 2 15" subs firing fowerd, port up 2 6" round ports flared on both ends tuned to 32 hrtz box is sealed and dosnt flex its an coffin...it just has an lil port noise so im going to throw 2 "8 areos in there and call it an day.... :drink40:

and its in an trunk :diablo:

Those 8" ports will need to be pretty long to keep that 32hz tuning, especially since your volume is going to drop a little as well with the larger ports. Are you getting those flared 8"ers that one of the forum members is making/selling?