Sundown Audio

Best Amp for 2 Kicker Comps 12' in kicker enclosure

Whiteni66a

Ok so i have the old style kicker comps in the kicker ported enclosure. the part number is 07dc124. Yes THIS IS THE OLD STYLE speakers, contacted a warehouse and they gave me a great deal on them.

So i am trying to find me the best banging amp possible.

So far i have found:

Kicker Zx 450.2 Wired to 4ohm load ~380 Watts RMS

Pioneer GM5400-t wired to 4 ohm load ~450 Watts RMS

HIFONICS BRUTUS 1700 watt amp wired to 4 ohm load. ~600 Watts RMS

I know that kickers can take one hell of a beating, so which amp would pound hard enough for me? Should i get the hifonics amp and then make sure i dont have the gain turned up? or you think these speakers would handle 300 watts RMS fine and shouldnt wurry about it and get it.

Or get the kicker amp and then each amp gets 225 watts.

Or keep the current pioneer i have and let each amp have 190 RMS watts each.

I dont want to blow them but i have heard they take a huge beating and i just dont want to but a to wimpy amp or to powerfull amp.........

And load on the alternator, im already getting a new one because of interior lights and exterior neon lights that i will be running so i already and ordered a new alt, so power consumption isnt a concern. now i would like any amp suggestions to be under 250~300 bucks....

I had the newer ones on a kenwood 500rms amp. They took it like a champ w/ the gain a little over 3/4

and i accidently got the amp watts messed, the pioneer is 380 and the kicker amp is 450.

So you guys think the kicker amp is the better bet? cause it gives each sub 225?

Edited by Whiteni66a

go with the kicker amp, i'm a fan of matching subs with their same companies amp, if only FI made a line of beastly amps like sundown <_<

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

go with the kicker amp, i'm a fan of matching subs with their same companies amp, if only FI made a line of beastly amps like sundown <_<

so i hooked up the pioneer to them today and played with them. purely amazing. the older style is so much better IMO.

Im loving the ported box as well, screw sealed boxes.

But when i turn it up pretty hi, i think the amp starts to clip or something, or the amp runs out of power because when i had a wimpy amp hooked up once it made the same sound when i turned it up. so i think im gunna get the kicker 450.2

Anyone else know what this sound is? and its not the speaker bottoming out cause on some frequencies when its loud it hardly moves sometimes.

I think the amp just isnt powerfull enough, im also debating weather or not to get the hifonics brutus 1700 watt one. at 4 ohms i get 600 rms watts. yum

So what do you think? kicker of the hifonics? clipping and not enough power on the pioneer?