Sundown Audio

Soundstream

SPLWGN

Meant TX1.2000 not 2500 btw :/

http://www.soundstream.com/AudioProducts/Amplifiers/tarantula.htm

Only reason I'm thinking about that one is because there is one sitting at the place I work and it's cheap, otherwise I'd probably go a different brand :)

id go for em if heaps cheap. you will get power out of them. maybe not HEEPS but should get enough be happy for now.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I hooked up two Tarantula 2600d's to four T-5 15's, in my brothers' ford bronco. The amps are strong, clean and easy on the electrical. The 2600d is 1/2 ohm stable and the 2000d is 1 ohm stable.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

I also have a little experience w/ Soundstream. I ran the Picasso amp for a little while, and I can tell you 100% that IT WAS A POWER HOG!!! I tried using it recently as an add-on, you know, throw a sub and box in the back seat and get a lil more bass. Well, the Soundstream sucked all the power! It GREATLY reduced the output of my other amps. So I changed it to a smaller amp, different brand, and it made a world of difference!

So all in all, the Soundstream amps, IMO, are too power hungry, and not efficient enough to make them worth using.

That being said, I have seen some HELLACIOUS systems built w/ Soundstream! It really depends on a lot of things I guess!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build