BassJunkie! my only recomadation for this build would be to have the woffers fireing into the chamber towards the back seat with the backs of the woffers exposed through the plexi glass. And leave out the caps.

Thanks for the help, I should have everything bought and put in by July, I'm in no big hurry so I'm going to do it right.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 1 year later...

So the 97shocker is looking less like a shocker theses days. A week ago today I had 1 of my RFR2215 seize up on me. In the words of Foreverbumpin this is what happened the top plate has "Shifted" meaning the glue has failed, and the top plate shifted to 1 side, catching the voice coil with the force of the magnet pinching it. So I took 2 of the woofers out of the box and I am rockin it with only 2 woofers at 800 watts rms it still sounds pretty good for just 2. Check out the ghetto fix I did until I can figure out what direction I will be going in to fix this nightmare. On a good note Last week I also had to send my Alt back to Iraggi (Dom) and that mofo is on it way back to me as I type. Let me just say Dom was quick to respond to my initial e-mail and followed up when he was shipping it back to me. Thanks Dom! So here’s the pic’s….

The Bad woofer!!

Posted Image

The wall with the removed woofers...

Posted Image

The wall with the Fake woofers. shoulda painted RF in the midle.. lol ....

Posted Image

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

If I could get all the viruses off my computer and be able to up load videos then you would see more of the 97shocker, plus I really haven’t done any new work to it, no changes. So why post?? It’s been a daily driver for so long it’s like the work truck if it ant broke why fix it. But know its on a crackin….once I figure out what I’m gona do with it from this point..

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

• 1 year later...

i've got 2 of these i've been using for 5 years. i've been through 3 boxes and about to build what i hope to be the final build. they've held up for a really long time and the only prob i've had is the cork speaker gasket came apart but i replaced it with consealer gaskets from hx2's. very nice lookin setup and i hope i'm lucky enough to get my hands on some old school rf amps and maybe 2 more. would really like to swap my 2 rfr2215's for a pair of rf 18's but no chance of that happening..very nice system though and sorry to hear about your freese up

2-15" Rockford Fosgate Power DVC's

2-Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1D's

2-SPL 6x9 coax

2-SPL 5.5 coax

2-Kicker Tweets

1-Power Acoustik 2 Farad Cap

PREMIER P480MP HU

Archived