what is a VCM? MLA?

hey.

i got an upgraded alternator. a DC 270 amp alternator.

what exactly does a VCM do? and what exactly does an MLA do?

also does anyone know where to get an MLA from?

i have sold almost all of my equipment and am now starting a new build, but just wondering if i need to add these items to my purchase list, if they increase voltage and alternator charging and what not. Thanks.

so i could control it to go all the way up to charge so it would sit at like 15 volts?

yes you can set what you want your alt to charge at. another option is mechmans AVBM adjustable voltage boost module

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

so would i have to get a step up on batteries? like instead of 12v batteries get 14v batteries? or what is the limit i could set the vcm highest to without changing to high voltage batteries?

no, 12v batts charge at 14-14.9v

14v batts charge 16-16.9v

for your 12v batts, just set it anywhere between 14.5-14.9, thats where i would set mine.

most 12v batts dont like above 15v, and voltage that high can shorten there lifespan iirc

so would i have to get a step up on batteries? like instead of 12v batteries get 14v batteries? or what is the limit i could set the vcm highest to without changing to high voltage batteries?

for your 12v batts, just set it anywhere between 14.5-14.9, thats where i would set mine.

most 12v batts dont like above 15v, and voltage that high can shorten there lifespan iirc

alright i understand you now. so if i did this my amps would be seeing the 14.x volts? thanks a lot for your help man. but what about my trucks computers and what not, the 14.x volts wont damage them?

alright i understand you now. so if i did this my amps would be seeing the 14.x volts? thanks a lot for your help man.

yes, until you start playin and then they put a draw on your electrical, then depeinding on how stout your electrical is you will see voltage drip

Archived