Bet you cant figure it out.

Just installed my 9887 I got from a guy on here installed sunday and it's been working great. Sub sounds better, highs sound better,and I have a better power draw going from 1v preouts to 4v. My issue is I'm on my way to work this morning and hit a small bump on te highway. Nothing crazy, just one that you definitely noticed. My sub stops playing almost instantly after, and my rear 6x9s start playing the sub's frequency, distorting like crazy. I've since, while on break, have checked all connections on the wiring harness, radio and amp fusing, switched RCA sides (using only 2 RCA connections on a 4 channel RCA). I am stumped what is causing it. Amp is not in protect and is getting power, nothing is unplugged. Sub is measuring correctly at .7 ohms. One RCA connection on y amp is lose mind you, and I'm not sure if that could be it, but I also tried testing the RCA voltage from the headunit (dmm positive to RCA prong, negative to shield, dmm set to ac) and got no reading. I may have done the RCA test wrong, so I'll try it again. But as far as it looks, everything is fine and the headunits covers are set fine. Could my preouts have gone out? Or maybe I did the RCA test wrong and the RCAs are bad or my amp input RCAs are bad. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by tonedeaf

Little update...ran a 60 hz test tone through my deck and just stuck my dmm leads into the preouts, + inside and - on the shield, at almost max volume I'm getting only 1v and through the RCAs about .7-.9v...does these mean my cd players already fucked? Why would it do this, anyone know? I've got subwoofer set to on but it's sending all sub frequencies to my speakers. What would cause all this? Something just knocked loose in the deck? Or is it just not sending voltage through the RCAs because of some setting I need to change and my amp is the problem? I'm confused as fuck and getting pissed off.

Nothing ever works right. :lol:

Did check the voltage at preouts which was around 1v on the tone. RCAs weren't reading quite 1v but close. If it's a 4v preout deck, I'm assuming somethings wrong with it. As I said, idk why a bump on the road would cause this, but everything was working perfect and it seems to still be. If the deck is even playing 1v the amp should still be playing, not sending the rear speakers the 60 hz tone instead. I never hot switched the RCAs or anything either. Just working for a couple days, hit a bump, now somethings fucked. :shrug:

Well I tossed in my zuki 4 channel and its working just fine using the same RCAs just pushing a couple speakers. Loud as fuck too btw. :lol:

So that leads me to the question, can the preouts go bad individually, or if one set goes out they all go out? I used the front channel rcas for the test instead of sub although now that I think of it I should have just tried a 60 hz tone again using the sub outs. I did use my iphone and a headphone set of RCAs and got nothing out of the sub or rockford. Im guessing the jolt of the bump knocked something loose in the RF that is causing it to not get a signal. For a month or so its had a loose RCA jack (the red one) and maybe it finally broke its connection to the board? I couldnt figure out how the hell to take the amp apart to see what the problem might be past popping the side panel mostly off. So it looks like its probably my sub amp, UNLESS only the sub preout went out and I buy a new amp for nothing. :pardon: Just fuckin awesome time for shit to break. If its just my sub amp thats gone bad, you guys know why the fuck its automatically sending sub frequencies to my speakers? The speakers are currently hooked up to the built in HU amplifier. I have it set for 80 hz for the mids yet they are still playing down to 50 hz and below with no way to set a subsonic.

When you hit that bump you could have made something in the dash hit the RCA's. PICO fuse could have blown too. Could try grounding the RCA's like the pioneers.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/