Need to get my compressors purchased. Wondering what peoples opinions on these compressors are.

Im looking at either Viair 480's, Air Zenith OZ2's or DC5000's from Airbagit. I 've read and seen a lot of people running Viair's but wondering if the other compressors are worth the extra money. The motors on the DC compressors look very stout but I havent seen any opinions of them.

I've got 4 of the Viair 480's on my bodied f150, they work great and are reliable. I personally won't touch anything that Airbagit produces, had a bad experience with them years ago with some of their products. The Air Zenith have always looked good but I haven't tried them, the Viairs I've owned have never failed so no need to change to a new compressor.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

someone in my mechanics class was sayin that they used the air conditoner compressor?? can this be done or is it just bs? i know nothing about bags so just curious

Probably could but im not messing with that.

Well I'll cross the Airbagit compressors off my list. The Viairs's are well priced too. Now I have to decide if in just gonna run 2 or just fork out for 4 so I can play with the truck more and do less waiting.

The viairs will fail... But they are a nice compressor.. The DC5000 is a stout compressor too... Both very nice... I have 4 480s, and lost one... Getting 4 more for the rebuild... I like Viairs personally...

Why not just rebuild them? Looks like an easy job. How long did you run them before the one failed? This truck wont be a daily driver at all so it wont be constantly abused. Just looking for reliable with a quick air up and recovery time. I know I will get that running 4. Your just running one tank arent you. What size?

the ob2 air compressor are the way to go there fast and they look good and as for using a a/c pump it can be done u just have to use oil in it so u dont burn it up then u run a switch to to kick it on and off then u just have to find out with one is high and low side put a muffler on the one end and put ur hose on the other end we have a dully in my car club that dose that but they do burn up u just go to the junk yard and get 1 and have 1 so if someting dose happen u have one on u and his tank fills way faster then any compressor i have seen thats not on a motor here is a pic of his truck

68256_1447515357094_1509503237_30927660_105432_n.jpg

154260_1447515717103_1509503237_30927664_2177110_n.jpg

154131_1447515557099_1509503237_30927662_4061609_n.jpg

Thats a beautiful truck. Mine looks like a beater compared to that. One day I will have it looking that nice I hope. Right now im just trying to getting rolling and working properly.

haha nothing just gets done in 1 day take time as u go along he spent 2-3 years working on it and hes still not done with it to this day haha

an engine driven compressor varies by choice,a highly popular one is the york210 yeah you still have to make sure you oil it often but any engine driven compressor needs oiled its essentially a a/c compressor that has been modified,finding the ones that produce the right psi is the task,you can run a pressure regulator switch on it to engage and disengage the clutch for it. the reason you need to oil it is its no longer runnin the refrigerant for a/c instead you are using it as an air compressor.

im lookin at goin with a york 210 in my 90 isuzu pickup and have it filling 2 10 gallon tanks with a possible viair 480 or 500 for the extra help gettin that psi up,just have to make sure your running a good pressure switch on them so when it hits that pressure it kicks on and off when its at that pressure

ROYAL DIAMONDS CAR CLUB "VICE PRESIDENT"
90 ISUZU PICKUP "BLOOD BATH"
XENON H.I.D. KITS BY G&M AUTOSPORT
XENON KITS ONLINE BY G&M AUTOSPORT DIRECT WEBSITE

an engine driven compressor varies by choice,a highly popular one is the york210 yeah you still have to make sure you oil it often but any engine driven compressor needs oiled its essentially a a/c compressor that has been modified,finding the ones that produce the right psi is the task,you can run a pressure regulator switch on it to engage and disengage the clutch for it. the reason you need to oil it is its no longer runnin the refrigerant for a/c instead you are using it as an air compressor.

im lookin at goin with a york 210 in my 90 isuzu pickup and have it filling 2 10 gallon tanks with a possible viair 480 or 500 for the extra help gettin that psi up,just have to make sure your running a good pressure switch on them so when it hits that pressure it kicks on and off when its at that pressure

And pressure switches go bad too... So get an extra one and keep it in the truck... 2 10 gallon tanks? Jesus man... Thats nuts... Lol...

whats my name? lol :D

ROYAL DIAMONDS CAR CLUB "VICE PRESIDENT"
90 ISUZU PICKUP "BLOOD BATH"
XENON H.I.D. KITS BY G&M AUTOSPORT
XENON KITS ONLINE BY G&M AUTOSPORT DIRECT WEBSITE

Archived