Sonic Electronix

how many square feet of deadener does every one think it will take to fully cover the trunk of my 06 civic. the trunk lid and the sides and double layer in some areas i just want to make sure i have enough to do it right the first time so i dont have to pull all the liner out again. 50 square feet should be more than enough right?

There really isn't a need to use multiple layers. Just treating 25% of the panel with a high quality vibration mat is all that is needed.

Anyways, the way I calculate the amount I need is I start off by measuring all of the panels that I will be treating, multiple that by .25 (this will give you 25% coverage) then add 15% on top of that for extra.

Again this is my method to give me enough material to work with and have maybe a little bit left over.

So for example say my total square footage is 112 sq. ft., so I calculate 25% coverage.

112 x .25 = 28

So that's 28 sq. ft..

I then add 15% more to give me a bit of extra for those places that I may have forgotten, measured incorrectly, etc.. You don't have to do this, but I'd like to have a little bit more and have leftovers then not enough.

28 x .15 = 4.2

So that's 4.2 extra square feet of material. You can round up or down, your choice.

I then add that amount to the previous amount.

28 + 4 = 32

So a total of 32 sq. ft..

If you want 50% coverage (which is MORE than enough), just change the .25 to .5.

The last few Civics we treated used 40 sq. ft. and had product left over.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived