Second Skin Audio

Too much enclosure volume?

Hey Notoriousj76, before we go any farther, are you sure your enclosure is 15 cubes ??? ...even after sub and port displacement ? This is REALLY huge, for an enclosure, "other than" a walled vehicle. So I guess you have this in a large SUV or a van ?

~~~~~~~~

Anyway, I typically decide on what subs, and how many, "then" build the box to optimum specs for those subs. But if you really do have 15 cubes (net) to play with, yes, actually it probably would work well for four 15"s. You'd still need to model them, to figure out your exact porting. But probably doable.

Peace,

Fish

Ok thanks. Before I had this setup I had an orion hcca 15 in 8 ft3 total. Sounded almost as good but I traded it for these subs, and they are only single coils. I got lied too and didn't notice how "not loud" they were untill later when I put a multimeter on them and got no reading out of the other coil's terminal on each.

If I put 4 15's in there do you think it would be sutible? Or should I just build another box and up my wattage? I'm trying to save money and be as loud as possible. Also, I prefer low tuning. 33 hz probly on my next enclosure.

OP says it was in a 91 astro van.

but yeah i would design up a box and post it on here so you can have some of the more experienced guys help you.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

So my options (without building another box) are get 2 more 15's . or swap mine for some 18's that love lots of volume? Either way I'm running only one sae1200 once it gets repaired. Not a lotta power for something so large but I like to go balls deep when I can and I could with my box, although it backfired lol.

HELP PLEASE!!!!! I added a baffle inside the box and retuned the port.

Now I'm running 9.5 ft3 box internal WITHOUT any displacements

Inside Dimmensions are

48.5 x 20 x 17 = 9.5 ft3

Port Dimmensions

5.25 x 17 x 15 = .75 ft3

Subs are inverted (yes, properly wired)so no dis. there

Totaling 8.75 ft3 net

According to WinISD that Makes my box tuned @ 34hz

------I did everything you guys suggested by cutting down box vol. even being forced to tune a little higher and still can BARELY get 130db------

Amp is Hifonics Brutus currently

2 15 inch custom subs with RE SX motors and Nightshade soft parts

Single voice coil subs cuz I got ripped off.

Big 3 upgrade

Stock alt :(

Kinetic 2400 red in the back

Line driver and gains all properly set, no clipping, amp crossovers tuned at the box tuning and so forth.

WHY the fuck am I not setting off car alarms?!? I'm so pissed I cant even descibe it. Somebody please explain this madness before I blow my speakers in frustration and just Sell everything I have and fucking give up.