Well I finally have an amp thanks to chode69. I am now the proud owner of a DC Audio 5k. While I was away from the house I guess UPS attempted delievery but needed a signature, which sucks bc they typically leave it with the community center.

But not stressing it since my subs are going to be another week or so. Therefore no need for the amp just yet. So I should have it Monday.

Car stock battery and alt are toast. Pissed bc The check engine light came on and after testing it they said it was sayin issues with thermostat value. No issues with driving the car and the volt meter read 14 and would stay around mid to high 13.

But got the thermostat value fixed yesterday. Then car starts acting weird as hell. Get it my car and the volt meter reads 10 even high 9's. Battery light is flashing and feel like I am losing power.

Call the repair shop but closed so I leave a message tellin them I will be back Tom. And breaks down on the way to the shop. Come to find out battery is dead bc alt is mo longer charging. Need a new alt they said. I am kind of pissed bc I have riding just fine but as soon as they repair the thermostat value the alt goes.

What sucks even more. I ordered a DC Power alt a month ago and was supposed to have it by now. So don't want to buy another alt since I already invested in a HO alt. Damn it

Car stock battery and alt are toast. Pissed bc The check engine light came on and after testing it they said it was sayin issues with thermostat value. No issues with driving the car and the volt meter read 14 and would stay around mid to high 13.

But got the thermostat value fixed yesterday. Then car starts acting weird as hell. Get it my car and the volt meter reads 10 even high 9's. Battery light is flashing and feel like I am losing power.

Call the repair shop but closed so I leave a message tellin them I will be back Tom. And breaks down on the way to the shop. Come to find out battery is dead bc alt is mo longer charging. Need a new alt they said. I am kind of pissed bc I have riding just fine but as soon as they repair the thermostat value the alt goes.

What sucks even more. I ordered a DC Power alt a month ago and was supposed to have it by now. So don't want to buy another alt since I already invested in a HO alt. Damn it

Bro I absolutely feel ya, sometimes I feel like someone or something is trying to stop me from working on my stereo and enjoying it. By the way, call dc and find out about the alt, a month is a long time. Hopefully you can hold out until it gets there. Otherwise try a junk yard and get a used one for cheap, good luck man

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Bro I absolutely feel ya, sometimes I feel like someone or something is trying to stop me from working on my stereo and enjoying it. By the way, call dc and find out about the alt, a month is a long time. Hopefully you can hold out until it gets there. Otherwise try a junk yard and get a used one for cheap, good luck man

Yep. Left a message with DC Power. Hope they can do something. I was told 2 weeks ago the parts were in and the alt was being built. So hopefully they were truthful about the parts being in and they just didnt work on my order.

But this weekend has already been shitty enough so there is a big bottle of tequila and rum that are going to comfort me. :drink40:

Sucks all my boys live no where near me. Oh well :shrug: xbox live here i come.

Car out of the shop. A lot of money on repairs but had to get done.

And I hope to be posting pics of my subs that just arrived.

Hey, I have a Mazda 3 also and love it. Mine is a HB but the sedans are nice too.

I have been contemplating what to do about an alternator for my car, so am tuned in to see how yours goes. Did your DC alt come or did you have to put an OEM unit in there? If so, at least you have a backup in case there's a problem with the new alternator.

BTW, where did you find that double din dash kit? and have you ever heard of a deck for our cars called the autodvdgps?

Car out of the shop. A lot of money on repairs but had to get done.

And I hope to be posting pics of my subs that just arrived.

Hey, I have a Mazda 3 also and love it. Mine is a HB but the sedans are nice too.

I have been contemplating what to do about an alternator for my car, so am tuned in to see how yours goes. Did your DC alt come or did you have to put an OEM unit in there? If so, at least you have a backup in case there's a problem with the new alternator.

BTW, where did you find that double din dash kit? and have you ever heard of a deck for our cars called the autodvdgps?

The DC Power alt is a no go. They were unable to get the parts needed for the Mazda 3 and had to give me a refund. Sucks but trying to find another builder (got a few I am talking to) but with all the repairs plus the new stock alt has me running low on funds and build will more than like be on hold.

My double din dash kit is made by metra http://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-7504-Installation-2004-2009-Install/dp/B0014K5VOA

I like the kit, it looks clean but I noticed the small fitment problem. But the average person that gets in my car doesn’t notice it. So all in all happy with the dash kit and would recommend. As for price and functionality, you won’t be disappointed if you decide to go with a double din HU.

The autodvdgps reminds me a lot of the Eonon Mazda 3 HUs. I heard some good thing about them but this was years ago and didn’t want to take the risk and didn’t have the funds at the time. But that looks like it would be great addition to any mazda 3 definitely a clean install and cant beat the price with all the functions that it has. If you decide to go with the autodvdgps let me know your thoughts.

Archived