Ok decided to start a build log. This is my first real build and I am not an experienced installer or builder so I will not be doing everything myself. No real set direction on working on my car is almost like therapy for me.

A little information on my car: I have a 2006 Mazda 3 (great car), everything is pretty much stock. I added an ipod adapter like 4 years ago and did the Big 3 upgrade and thats about it.

I got busy with the stresses of life and put my car audio on the side, so for years I have been riding around with 2 12" kicker in a prefab box which was ok but now I want to be loud.

Some small recent updates. I replaced all the interior LED and installed my HID lights last weekend.

Decided to sell the Mazda and get a Jeep. Always wanted an SUV but the Mazda served me well getting me to, from and around college.

dude you have the same car as me, I love mazda's, mines a hatch though, is yours a sedan or hatch? mines a 2006 also, ha ha

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

MAZDAS UNITE!! lol get some pics in this bitch my dude hahaha

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

dude you have the same car as me, I love mazda's, mines a hatch though, is yours a sedan or hatch? mines a 2006 also, ha ha

Yeah I got in in 07 and haven't really done anything too it over the years. Definitely a loving the Mazda 3!

Been really quiet for me on the build front. I have my head unit and hope to upload pics of that this weekend. I also would love to get it installed soon but right now just saving up my money.

A little sad news due to product delays I had to cancel my subwoofer order with DC Audio, but still a great company and awesome customer service and I am sure I will deal with DC in the future. Right now I am talking with a few different companies and hope to have my new subs and amps ordered sometime in the near future.

Placed my order for my new subs awhile back :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now just waiting for those. Now that i know the subs, i am working on the amp to power them.

Been delaying my HU install but I hope to get that installed tomorrow and upload some more pics finally once I get that installed. The wiring was a pain in the ass and the weather was crappy when I actually planned to install but tomorrow is the goal.

Stay tuned pics should be coming soon..... :good:

Finally got my old HU replaced.

Here is the old stock HU

FactoryHU.jpg

Here is the new HU

PioneerHU.jpg

And Stinger volt meter

VoltMeter.jpg

The spot for the volt meter is perfect because there was an empty space between the cigarette lighter and a passenger airbag indicated. So I have it screwed in nice and clean right in the middle. The stock speakers sound wayyyy better with this new HU. Old my old HU I could turn the volume all the way up and it would still sound low but now waayyyy louder with the new HU.

I hope to order my amp next week. Just order a bunch of Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge and a few 300a fuses to get things rolling.

I did the big3 upgrade in my car a few years ago but only used 4 gauge wiring and a 150a fuse. Now with my new big boy setup thats coming and my new DC Power Alt that should be on its way in a week or 2, got to upgrade the big3 wiring. I might just hold off on upgrading the wiring until I plan to install the new alt.

Archived