alternator or batteries

His is obviously for music, most likely 1 ohm. What I stated was my alt was quite weaker but with a tiny kinetik I could maintain good voltage. I know for a fact you have more knowledge than me in this area, but getting the fattest batt on the market and a 270 amp alt is overkill IMO. But if he upgrades it will save him dough yada yada yada. He isn't running 12k either :shrug:

60-70amps should be perfect to charge a battery for your draw.

/sarcasm

I would honestly upgrade both alternator and battery. You don't need 300amps, but I would see what Mechman can do for you, and then save up later for a D2700. But then again, some of us love beefy electrical

I have not seen anyone recommend him a 270amp alternator. It is definitely possible to upgrade and not buy the biggest and baddest on the market. But if his alternator is already strained, then adding batteries, or even batteries with a deeper reserve could shorten it's life considerably. Then when his alternator goes, what charges the batteries for simply starting the vehicle, or driving?

But when I was saying playing musical and asking for nominal load I was referring to you. Rise can and may be a factor that allowed you to play with minimal voltage drop. And I know he's not using 12,000 watts, not the point. My only point was that many, like me, would much rather have the electrical to more than suffice. Some say overkill, I say covering my ass. Skippy had a good post helping the OP decide which route should go first, but I know me and myself would never only choose one.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Mechman has a nice deal going on right now, and they let you make two different payments if its done by the end of the month. (speaking from experience)

I'm not sure if the 4.7l jeeps are expensive as my 4.0, but if they are I would definitely jump on this deal because I saved a ton on a 250a alt. Once you pay off the alt immediately start saving for a back battery though, beacuse optimal situation would be to have both.