glassing question

rasic

Iim using the cloth and its really messy, so some of it sticks out. Do i have to sand it out or can i just leave it.

Also whats your favorite fleece or the mat? Ill post pics tonight lol yall are gonna laugh at how newb i am at this since its.my first time glassing but hey you have to start somewhere

system:

changes way to much...

Yes, please post pics.

Fleece = material of fabric you use to stretch over a skeleton for glassing like grill cloth/felt/ponte etc.

Mat and Woven cloth = Fiberglass

Use fiberglass chop mat and tear it into decent size shredded pieces to help around curves and dabble the shit out of it with resin on a chip brush until you work out air bubbles, use a fiberglass roller pre-soaked in acetone before hand and roll out any air bubbles you couldnt get out with the brush. Chop mat is better for your curvy projects.

Use fiberglass woven cloth for more flat areas

You can use the chop mat for either curvy or flat area projects if you want to skip buying woven cloth

Chop mat Fiberglass

24-glassmat.jpg

Woven cloth Fiberglass

35-s2glass.jpg

Fleece

http://www.fiberglassforums.com/misc-fabrication/1850-fabric-comparison-*-read-between-pics-please-*.html

they sell kitty hair if youre wanting to do something like you mentioned in your second post. Its got fibers mixed in to a bondo like goo. Just take your time and soak the mat with resin and do it layer by layer. and YES you will have to sand it and apply body filler to shape and smooth it. Its going to take a lot of sanding as well. Good luck with your search and your project

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived