Second Skin Audio

Mtxvs Fi Blt

Hey,

right now i am running MTX 9500 12 dual 4. I am looking into upgrading to a BLT 18". I have a Mtx ta 81001 amp ( like 1000 rms. tested at like 1400rms at 2 ohm) Any way I like mtx but when it sits right behind me in my Dodge dakota i hear alot of distortion noices. With the Fi be any clearer? An also with the FI sub be louder running it off the same amp?

I Like It LOWWWW

Hey,

right now i am running MTX 9500 12 dual 4. I am looking into upgrading to a BLT 18". I have a Mtx ta 81001 amp ( like 1000 rms. tested at like 1400rms at 2 ohm) Any way I like mtx but when it sits right behind me in my Dodge dakota i hear alot of distortion noices. With the Fi be any clearer? An also with the FI sub be louder running it off the same amp?

i was thinking about running the 9500's. they do have a weird excursion noise to it.no, that amp wont push the btl 18". perfect for the bl though. :(

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

I own a 18 btl and i have had no kinda problem with distortion. The sound quality of this woofer is great, especially for something that is more or less an spl woofer. Most think that an 18 cant be musical but that is not the case at all with the btl... I love this sub, the quality is top notched and the customer service provided by FI is top notched as well. Good luck with your purchase and as mentioned above you will need more power to push this woofer to its full potential.

I can go for a BLT right now on toast.

I'd say a 9500 would sound better and get alot louder then a BLT any day on ANY power..

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

Guest dropthabeat.com
Hey,

i don't know, i heard those 18" blt's are delicious.