Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone, I haven't been posting much lately but I have been around the site..This friday (payday) I am planning to purchase 2 Power Acoustik PW2-15M subs. I could do a ported box for them but it would weigh like 500 lbs and take up my whole trunk so for now I'm just gonna build a small sealed box for them.

Here's a link to the subs

Subs

For now I am just gonna use my sony 2-channel amp to power them with 250ish watts/sub.

I have never built a sealed box and I am just wondering will some 15's sound good and get decently low with only like 1.4 cubes per sub before displacement? If not what kind of airspace do they need?

Will 2 15's even move off of 250watts a piece sealed?

As usual I appologize for asking a lot of questions but I value you all's advice..

Thanks!

Edit: By the way I am not expecting to be a ground pounder or anything, I can get the two subs for $130 shipped to my door and I figure it will be a decent upgrade over what I have now and if not it is no major loss.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted

well i wont get techinal or anything, but for some "cheap" subs they sound pretty good in a trunk, i did 2 of the same model but 10s in a buddies trunk on a sound storm 1500D and they sounds real good in a small ported box prefab.

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Posted
well i wont get techinal or anything, but for some "cheap" subs they sound pretty good in a trunk, i did 2 of the same model but 10s in a buddies trunk on a sound storm 1500D and they sounds real good in a small ported box prefab.

Do you think a pair will do anything sealed off of a measly 500wrms? I just don't really know about sealed boxes and how much more power it will take to get them moving...Either way I am gonna do this just to see for myself.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted
Do you think a pair will do anything sealed off of a measly 500wrms? I just don't really know about sealed boxes and how much more power it will take to get them moving...Either way I am gonna do this just to see for myself.

If your amp is some cheapy wallmart amp, it's not gonna put out anywere near 500 watts.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

Posted
If your amp is some cheapy wallmart amp, it's not gonna put out anywere near 500 watts.

It's CEA rated..and Chevyboy I'm just sayin it would be a heavy sumbitch and take up the entire trunk which I do use occasionally.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...