Second Skin Audio

Looking To Quiet The Interior Of An Older Truck...

Figured is post this in here for advice from the pros.

Just bought a decent looking and running 1993 Sierra regular cab. Truck runs hood and doesn't get really loud but there seems to be a lot of "road" noise that enters the cabin at 45 to 75 miles per hour. Which is not good for a vehicle I spend at least 3 plus hours on the highway in every day.

So I figured I would slap some decent sound deadner in to help quiet it down some. Then I got to thinking about how much I would need and what combo would bring the best results.

Honestly, I'm in over my head. I really have no idea what would bring the best low noise environment for my daily driver.

So I post this here looking for advice from what seems to be the best manufacturer of sound dampening products. I have around 250 dollars to throw at this project. What do you guys recommend?

wishin' I could be as fly as you fine folks......

40 sq. ft. of Damplifier and four sheets of Luxury Liner Pro. That right there will give you a hell of an awesome reduction in noise.

Start off with the Damplifier, apply it to the doors, floor, and rear wall. 25% coverage is all you need, so 40 sq. ft. will be more than plenty.

Once that is complete, hit the floor with the Luxury Liner Pro. For this you want full coverage and VERY few gaps and seams as possible. The four sheets should give you plenty so that you can tackle the floor, back wall, and possibly both doors (doors are tricky to get the LLP installed in/on them, but well worth doing).

All totaled up you're looking at about $250 (use coupon code 1KnCOUNTIN to take 10% off your order).

If you have any questions or if you are still a bit uncertain with something, just ask!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

ive got second skin in my 98 and its casket quiet sealed up

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.