Sundown Audio

aq2200 problems

ajwood76

Ok I don't know very much about the internal parts of amps but

I got a aq2200 pushing my btl. The other day my car filled with smoke. I was scared out of my mind I thought it was my clutch then I thought it was my amp so I was flipping out but I pulled over and saw my ground wire glowing orange and all the plastic was melted and it also burnt threw the plastic on my remote wire I'm not sure if they crossed but as soon as I was it I ripped apart. But I got home re ran my ground with a thicker wire. And plugged everything back up and the green led comes on but no output. I checked everything all the voltages the slave master switch...everything. But I checked everything inside the amp and everything is intact no resistors look to be burnt but I havnt had time to check with a meter yet. But everything still looks good. I also switched out some rcas to make sure it wasnt those.

I called my buddy that knows a little bit more about me on the electrical part and he said something about the polarity may have got switched. Is there anything u can do about that.

Like I said I know how to do everything but I just don't know anything about the internals.

Well I'm waiting for some 0 gauge to come in for my ground but the power is already ran. But I had 8 gauge on there at first cause I was anxious to hear it u know and I expected the wire to come in by now but it hasn't.

Well I'm waiting for some 0 gauge to come in for my ground but the power is already ran. But I had 8 gauge on there at first cause I was anxious to hear it u know and I only planned to run it for a couple days expecting my wire to come in but it hasnt and I only had the gain up quarter of the way topps and nothing else messed with.

i would check to see if your getting rca out put as well...with you having the remote wire shorted on the ground you could have also damaged the head unit as well...always use the proper size wire....good luck man

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

Like I said I planned to have it In there for 2 days tops. I know it wasn't a good idea but I had to make sure everything worked. And I just left it all connected but I left everything off then I turned it on for about 5 mins and it died then.

Like I said I planned to have it In there for 2 days tops. I know it wasn't a good idea but I had to make sure everything worked. I left it all in my car for a couple days and left it all connected but I kept everything off then I turned it on for about 5 mins and it died then.