"the Don" Build - Got Metered!

only thing i could think of with the subs going off at every bump, is maybe there is a wire that isnt tightened down real tight or something, im sure others will have different ideas, but thats all i can think of for now.

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

Vids hopefully tommorrow....I dont have a video cam that I can hook up to the compy but I will see what I can do....oh yea, forgot to mention, HOLY S*^%....Thats amazing... I do have a few q's left....

1. Everytime I switch a song or hit a bump in the road subs go off, why?

2. If the frequency on the amp determines the highest that a sub can play, shouldn't I raise it to like 70hz or somethin to get more different tones?

3. How can I determine just how much I can push those monsters

4. How do you keep your ears from ringing? :D

...Other than the fact that it goes off when I hit a bump and everytime I switch songs, I am 100 percent satisfied.

1. Sounds like a loose wire. Play a song with a consistant beat & jiggle your connections (rca, power, ground, remote) and see what happens.

2. Ultimately this will be up to you and what your ears like. I personally liked mine tuned low @ 32hz.

3. Are your subs loaded? I have the same setup and those Bls will take every beat of "clean" power those T1Ks can give them. If you hear distortion or smell anything funny then back off the volume.

4. I'm sad to say that it goes away with time. There's nothing like that first feeling. Eventually you will want bigger, better, more powerful.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

yeah, the subs can handle the power, i ran BL 18"s in a jeep like yours for almost a year and at one point i had one of them in there with around 2000 watts and it took that with no problems as well.

they dont need that kinda power though. and i had them in lots of different boxes and i was only happy with 1 box. a t-line i had designed by pete at TTB. i did a box that was like 17 cu ft. (went to the TOP of the back seats) tuned to 33 or 34 and it was NOTHING compared to the t-line which is still quite abit smaller than your box even. the lows were invisible in that box compared to the t-line. the t-line was under the window line and almost a foot from the hatch door. mine only had full cooling on them also...

• 3 weeks later...

A little bit more power and security :D ...and my dads new cell takes better videos than my sisters cam, so more videos that show some of that flex will be on later!!!

...sorry for the dark pic and the foggy one, but thats a 225 amp EA alt and a viper 791xv.... I didn't even look at the pix till I posted them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived