Second Skin Audio

swapping out 9515 parts for Z series parts?

i have a 9515 DD, and was wondering on an opinion of if you would swap out the parts of the 9515 DD and make it into a 9515 DDZ, would it be worth it? i have heard 4 15" DDZ's at 1/3 power and i couldnt look straight.. my eyes jiggled of to the sides.

And i have no idea on the prices for the parts would be, so if you could give me an estimate of how much it would cost to get just 1 15" DDZ running it would be much appreciated.. i heard the coils are like 600 alone

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

i have a 9515 DD, and was wondering on an opinion of if you would swap out the parts of the 9515 DD and make it into a 9515 DDZ, would it be worth it? i have heard 4 15" DDZ's at 1/3 power and i couldnt look straight.. my eyes jiggled of to the sides.

And i have no idea on the prices for the parts would be, so if you could give me an estimate of how much it would cost to get just 1 15" DDZ running it would be much appreciated.. i heard the coils are like 600 alone

isnt it an entire different motor structure and stuff? its not like a drop in re cone. im pretty sure its an entire different sub so you would need the entire new motor and soft parts.

i think it does have a neo motor,

well if its not possible to make the 9515 into a DDZ , how much of a difference wil it make changing the soft parts?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

isnt it an entire different motor structure and stuff? its not like a drop in re cone. im pretty sure its an entire different sub so you would need the entire new motor and soft parts.

ya i wasnt sure, the guy at the DD shop said something about chaning the coil n cone n stuff, so i was wondering if it was possible to just make a 9515 DDZ out of the 9515

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

if you want to buy the motor and w/e just to put your soft parts in it you might as well just buy a ddz because i dont think dd would like selling just a motor and basket i misunderstood the question i thought you wanted a ddz recone kit for your 95 and from what i understand they are the same soft parts IMO it wouldnt be worth your time to try to fine "hard parts" to do the conversion

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You can get different soft parts "z" iirc,

However the 9500Z and 99Z use 2 different neo motor structures

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

k.. thanks .. what i wanted to know

just one question,how much money do you think it would take to get one 15" Z motor running with electrical , and everything, including the sub price, which i can actually get a 18" Z for 2000

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Lol probably about $5000 unless you can find a used M4A