Sundown Audio

Hifonics BXi1610D... Where can I get this repaired?

MuRKRoW

Hey everyone. Like the title says, I have a BXi1610D that needs to be repaired. The amp powers on fine, but outputs no sound at all. It doesn't go into protect mode and I have no warranty for this. If possible, I would like a few options so that I can call around and see what it would cost. Is there anyone on here that is trusted and can repair amplifiers? Thanks in advance for your input!

PS: Please don't suggest CIA Engineering. I sent an amp to this company to be repaired around June 2010 and didn't receive it back until January 2011. They had it for 7 months and after hundreds of calls from me asking where it is, they sent it back. To be honest, I think they were trying to not send it back. When it finally arrived, there was a note saying it had not been repaired and when I opened the lid, it was 10 times worse than when it started. Now i'm out $450 for that amplifier! :trippy:

Edited by MuRKRoW

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

Hey everyone. Like the title says, I have a BXi1610D that needs to be repaired. The amp powers on fine, but outputs no sound at all. It doesn't go into protect mode and I have no warranty for this. If possible, I would like a few options so that I can call around and see what it would cost. Is there anyone on here that is trusted and can repair amplifiers? Thanks in advance for your input!

PS: Please don't suggest CIA Engineering. I sent an amp to this company to be repaired around June 2010 and didn't receive it back until January 2011. They had it for 7 months and after hundreds of calls from me asking where it is, they sent it back. To be honest, I think they were trying to not send it back. When it finally arrived, there was a note saying it had not been repaired and when I opened the lid, it was 10 times worse than when it started. Now i'm out $450 for that amplifier! :trippy:

Have you tried MAXXONICS? They may have a repair or exchange program... I would try them.

http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Company_Information.html

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Have you tried MAXXONICS? They may have a repair or exchange program... I would try them.

http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Company_Information.html

Well the amp was opened by the previous owner and is 2+ years old. What I would need is a company that isn't affiliated with the manufacturer or just someone that can repair it on their own and is trusted :ehh:

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

Gotcha. ...it was just a thought.

Sorry- I can't help you on that one. :pardon: Bump for someone else who can??

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

call hifonics and tell them you need to send in your amp for repair and based on your location they'll have you call a number near you to send in your amp for repair

Edited by KHRISS

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

db-r maybe?

I will look that company up. Thanks!

call hifonics and tell them you need to send in your amp for repair and based on your location they'll have you call a number near you to send in your amp for repair

They don't just ask you where you live and then give you a number... I've dealt with Maxxsonics before and to be honest, I found their customer service very unfriendly. They will ask for the make/model of the amp along with the serial number and what is wrong with it. If the amp is in warranty, then you can send it to them and then they send it out to be fixed. Otherwise they will give you their 2 "certified" repair centers - one being CIA Engineering (the place that held onto my amp for 7 months, destroyed it, and then sent it back and basically said tough luck) and the other I can't recall the name of (it's in California). That amp that CIA Engineering wrecked was 3 days past my month warranty and they said there was nothing they could do. Like I said before, I need a company or person that isn't affiliated with Maxxsonics/Hifonics and that is trustworthy. I really would love having this amp working again! :trippy:

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

i have this place and number hifonics give me the name of place its called AUDIO CLINIC the number is 1(805)390-0119 call tomorrow if you like

CURRENT SYSTEM

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

i have this place and number hifonics give me the name of place its called AUDIO CLINIC the number is 1(805)390-0119 call tomorrow if you like

Yes this is the repair center in California that I couldn't remember. This is their site: http://www.audioclinik.com/. I've called this place before and they wanted me to spend around $200 not including shipping to have my other amplifier repaired. That is why I went with CIA Engineering, but I got screwed in the end for going the cheap route I guess. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can be more reasonable on the prices. Thanks!

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

ok kool give it another shot

CURRENT SYSTEM