Second Skin Audio

questions on a tline

are you doing an 8th wave?

because if you are trying a quarter wave your length tunes to 65hz

and the sd of a 12 is no where near the 184 sq inches of port you have

thats what the factory said. as well as the DC website. except theirs was 494sqcm

and i was supposed to do 1/4 wave. i did what that foreverbumpin guy said to do. divide 1130 by the frequency desired so 1130/30

then divide that by 4 for quarter wave to get 8.56Ft.. sorry i didnt mean to type 4.3Ft

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

bump

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I got 9.41 feet for 30hz tuning.

yeah your right..idk where i got 8.56 thanks for catching that.

but im still tryin to figure out shat sd to use

there is no sd issue. if the company states the sd of the subwoofer, trust that it is correct. if you have any concern that it is not, contact the company in a professional and courteous manner asking them about their figures. but the way a sub is shaped and considering the shape of the dustcap too, i see how the figure is not the same as a flat surface.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

there is no sd issue. if the company states the sd of the subwoofer, trust that it is correct. if you have any concern that it is not, contact the company in a professional and courteous manner asking them about their figures. but the way a sub is shaped and considering the shape of the dustcap too, i see how the figure is not the same as a flat surface.

i figured the sd on DC was correct. but as IH8 punk said that there was no way that a single 12 needed 184sqin of port i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing something.

so other than the length of the overall port that was fixed is everything else looking alright?

i figured the sd on DC was correct. but as IH8 punk said that there was no way that a single 12 needed 184sqin of port i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing something.

so other than the length of the overall port that was fixed is everything else looking alright?

as long as the conversion from cm^2 to inches^2 was accurate, then yes. for 184 sq. inches of port area tuned to 30hz as a 1/4 wave, then yes. i will double check the conversion from cm to inches.

Edited by eaglescorpio1

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

as long as the conversion from cm^2 to inches^2 was accurate, then yes. for 184 sq. inches of port area tuned to 30hz as a 1/4 wave, then yes. i will double check the conversion from cm to inches.

i used 2.54 as the conversion.